Pearson - Kempe - Toffoli
Clifford - Thompson - Mitchell

Forbort - Doughty
Martinez - Phaneuf
Muzzin - LaDue

Quick

------------------------------------------​

The Opponent

The Los Angeles Kings have cycled between wins and losses all month, posting a 4-3-1 record during March. During that stretch, the Kings have not won or lost consecutive games.

Los Angeles begins the day in the second wild card spot in the Western Conference playoff race, two points behind top wild card Colorado and the Anaheim Ducks, who stand third in the Pacific Division. L.A. and the Dallas Stars have the same number of points, but the Kings have played one fewer game and have three additional wins in regulation/overtime.

The Kings won the only meeting of the season so far between the clubs, scoring a 5-2 victory at Staples Center on Dec. 5. Los Angeles scored four third-period goals to overcome a 2-1 deficit in the final frame. Anze Kopitar had one goal and two assists to lead the Kings, who also got three assists from defenseman Drew Doughty and a goal and an assist from Jake Muzzin. Tyler Ennis and Charlie Coyle had goals for Minnesota.

Kopitar is in the midst of an MVP-caliber season, leading the Kings with 29 goals, 51 assists and 80 points. Doughty has 42 assists and 51 points while Tyler Toffoli (23) and Dustin Brown (21) have also eclipsed the 20-goal mark.

Goaltender Jonathan Quick has been outstanding of late and is 28-26-2 this season with a 2.42 goals-against average and a .922 save percentage.

------------------------------------------​

Jeez, didn't even realize there was a game today. March is dense with games.

Anyway, every win we can get against teams in that 5-10 range are big right now, though it does look like we only need about 4 more wins to have a pretty secure playoff spot.

Last edited:

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
This one's got to tide us over until the weekend, so how are you gonna make my week go, Wild? I'd prefer my week to go poorly, because the game goes so well that waiting until whateverday is just way too damn long for more sweet sweet action, and not for the game to go so bad that I really stop giving a shit about it all by Wednesday and enjoy my relaxing week of catching up on other tv and reading and crap all night(s) long. Come on, Wild. Give me a shit week. Do it. Do it. Do it do it do it do it do it! Deuceday to Saturday! Make me can't stand it! Campout at the next GDT! A statue for my Futurama Dog-like waiting! X and re-X the days off my calendar until that week's ruined for the rest of the months beneath it! Come on you tepid puckjockeys, f*** this week up for the rest of my calendar year! Do it! Do it! Doooooo iiiiiiiiit!

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Tough game...all of the cliches. Coming back home after back to back road games, 3rd game in four nights, etc. etc. Hopefully they realize they have four days off after this and go all out. Without looking I feel like we've been pretty back and forth with the Kings lately...only played them once so far this year though, right? That one in LA where we gave up the lead in the 3rd and lost. Either way they are going to be desperate.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
This being a 3 point game is actually the best scenario for us. If we win this in regulation, it actually increases Colorado and Dallas's chances of the playoffs (by decreasing LA's so significantly).

a222kz.PNG

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
This being a 3 point game is actually the best scenario for us. If we win this in regulation, it actually increases Colorado and Dallas's chances of the playoffs (by decreasing LA's so significantly).

a222kz.PNG
While I'd enjoy seeing either Colorado or Dallas on the outside looking in, neither of those teams makes me as nervous as a resurgent LA in the playoffs. Not that the Kings have hit full resurgence, but the potential's there.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Doughty, Kopitar...mebbe Quick? Those are some pretty damn good players, who can take over a game on their lonesome.

Wonder who gets the most TOI, Suter or Doughty?

Oh, and thanks for the GDT Bazeek.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Doughty, Kopitar...mebbe Quick? Those are some pretty damn good players, who can take over a game on their lonesome.

Wonder who gets the most TOI, Suter or Doughty?

Oh, and thanks for the GDT Bazeek.

I probably shouldn't have been, but I was surprised by how close their offensive numbers are this year:

Suter: 6G - 42A - 48P
Doughty: 9G - 42A - 51P

Onry

Mar 6, 2006
Sabres fan here in peace.

Passing through, letting you know we have your game on our board as the GDT instead of our sleepfest with Nashville...as a game with playoff implications worth watching! Having a good laugh :laugh:

Enjoy a meaningful game on your end.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Passing through, letting you know we have your game on our board as the GDT instead of our sleepfest with Nashville...as a game with playoff implications worth watching! Having a good laugh :laugh:

Godspeed to any Sabres fans that do tune into this one. Wild/Kings isn't usually a recipe for high excitement.

Reactions: cgf

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

Lol...

If any of you Sabre-bros want to (cheer for the Wild) and join in here, the more the merrier!

Reactions: cgf and Chainshot

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Sabres will probably shut out the Preds. Poms with the hattie.:cool:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
So I'm in the finals of one fantasy league starting Johnny Quick tonight... so let's get a 1-0 win please. :thumbu:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Odd goal differential for the Kings by period. Worst in the first, best in the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->