GDT: [Game #73] Dallas Stars vs. Vancouver Canucks – 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Bad as I feel at wasting yet another 3 hours watching that, I feel even worse for those in the arena, who have had to sit through some real garbage this calendar year. No heart, no desire to win at all.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Thank God this season series is over with. Horrible effort in every single game. Last 2 games in particular were probably the easiest wins of Vancouver's season. Not even sure Demko faced a real scoring chance in this one

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
First in the Central surrendered. I don't think we will be getting it back. Third is the probable landing place unless we collapse completely

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
That was the worst effort in a stars team I've seen in 5 or 6 years.

No drive, no speed, no forecheck.

Pathetic effort. Every skater.

It's disappointing as we're seeing teams like Minnesota and Colorado play hard every night. Maybe not win, but show effort.

It's like tonight meant 0 to any players.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
That was the worst effort in a stars team I've seen in 5 or 6 years.

No drive, no speed, no forecheck.

Pathetic effort. Every skater.

It's disappointing as we're seeing teams like Minnesota and Colorado play hard every night. Maybe not win, but show effort.

It's like tonight meant 0 to any players.

Same effort as the last one against Vancouver as well sadly. Really hope it's just a Vancouver thing and not a bad team at the end of the season thing, as we have quite a few of those games coming up.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
A completely noncompetitive game. The one goal was a lucky bounce. The only attempts at offense were going for deflections, which is a cool trick when it works but can't be your entire offense.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Another bad loss. This team is first round exit if they play the Avs.

First round exit if we play Avs or Seattle or Edmonton. I think we have a shot against Minny and Winnipeg or if they start playing with some pace and eneregy and connection again we can beat anyone.. but it's been like 1-2 months now of just ho-hum play most nights.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Bad as I feel at wasting yet another 3 hours watching that, I feel even worse for those in the arena, who have had to sit through some real garbage this calendar year. No heart, no desire to win at all.
Thanks for your sympathy. We left on the early train at the second intermission. Some nights, you can just tell the Stars got nothing and I saw nothing that would convince me that they would make the third period comeback. I was complaining about seeing so many OT Losses this year, but that didn't work out like I thought (actual W) but in a regulation loss. Ouch. Not exactly an entertainment value since the New Year.

Up until then, they played at a 108 point pace. Since then, they have played at a 99 point pace, averaging out to a 104 point pace as of now. But, if they play the last nine games at the current pace, they end with 100 or 101 points, just2-3 more than last year, perhaps confirming the pre-season predictions that they were a lower level playoff team, in danger of missing them altogether. This year felt different, but that is mostly because of a hot start under a new coach and the fact that IF they were better in OT, they might have had 5-6 more points, whereas last year, they hit 98 because they were good in OT. Also, no one else in the west really took off, much less anyone in the central until the last month or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad