GDT: Game 72 - Wild @ Coyotes - 8PM Central / 3AM Finland - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Everyone is out getting drunk tonight. Personally, I'm flipping between the game and Live PD. It's a TV scheduling conflict.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Lots of Dooobs chants tonight. We seem to always travel well to Arizona which is one reason why I hope they get realigned to the Central when Seattle comes into the league.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Good to get 4 points in a back to back. Congrats to Dubs on the 200th win, and fingers crossed that Staal can get two more to hit 40!

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Lots of Dooobs chants tonight. We seem to always travel well to Arizona which is one reason why I hope they get realigned to the Central when Seattle comes into the league.
When there's only 1000 people in the building, even a dozen Wild fans can sound loud.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The schedule gets pretty tough from here on out. Makes these two points pretty important.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Dub looked good tonight. I liked the 4th line play tonight.

The PP was ugly (after the 1st goal). The passing tonight wasn't crisp at all. 2 on 0 are bad things to let happen. 2nd period was a letdown.

I'll take the win, and sweep of road back-to-backs.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
A very nice win against an opponent the Wild has had some trouble this season! Was able to watch it with only one eye, but I thought the team looked good. Not easy to beat Raanta more than twice at the moment but luckily they were able to keep Coyotes at bay.

I was able to fully concentrate at the last minute of play. I have to say, the commentators some times blow my mind. I mean, why don't they stick to facts instead of talking about stuff they have no idea about? And even the facts are not right. This happens a lot and it blows my mind that these guys who get paid to do what they do, don't do it very well. For an example: the Coyotes home commentator said that Eric Staal is doing what he did last year: lead the team in points. False. He didn't. He also was baffled by the fact that Vegas skipped Staal in the expansion draft. Well, they did because they Wild paid them to do so. These guys are supposed to be experts, especially the commentators and they completely talk out of their a**. Though Mike Greenlay and Anthony Lapanta are usually no better.

Reactions: FVM

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Good to see them hold off the Coyotes. The most impressive things I saw the last two games: Coyle was a monster! He physically dominated the last two games and truly drove his line. Made Cullen and Enis look good. That is a good third line to have. Staal line was good, creating scoring chances. Thought Nino looked better the last two games. Koivu line, meh. Granlund is so good, it looks like his linemates aren't able to keep up with his level of play. Parise's whiff on Granlunds pass seconds into the game is a good example. It was almost as if Parise wasn't expecting the puck to get to him and wasn't prepared to receive the pass for an easy tap in. I've seen this with Zucker a number of times also, so it's not just Parise and Koivu. I love Ek, his defensive play is outstanding for a player so young. His backcheck after being ploughed into the boards in the first showed the toughness and determination I've seen all year. I can't believe he hasn't been hurt this year. Wish he would close his mouth though.

With Spurgeon out, we were going to see a decrease in defensive play and it showed. Three new pairings caused problems. Murphy was okay the first game and looked like he was trying to do too much last night. I think the unfamiliar pairing caused Brodin to have two of his poorer games of the season. He seemed to have problems with Murphy's erratic play and didn't seem as confident as usual. Olofsson made one bad play, but I didn't notice him the rest of the game, which is good. I imagine it will be Brodin-Olofsson, Prosser-Seeler from here on out. Suter-Dumba was fine.

Stalock and Dubnyk played well. Didn't give up any soft goals.

Good four points to get.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i must admit i thought the wilds goose was cooked after the avs game. shows good character for this weekends pair of W's. even dubnyk played great . only 11 points away from a 100 point season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, they won, and look like they will be in the playoffs unless they have quite the collapse. Still not impressed with them, at all, as a team that might go far in the post season. They should pray that they meet LVK in the 1st round.

Ek looks very good as a 4th liner.

Would like to see Mitchell in place of Ennis. Can't be much worse. Would've liked to have seen more of Kunin.

Murphy and Olofsson made some mistakes, but I still like what i've seen out of them, especially Murphy.

Dumba taking lots of chances. Don't think that will work with teams like WPG and NSH.

Still don't get Coyle on the #2 PP point. Stick Murphy and Brodin out there, and Coyle down low.

I don't think Granlund has been playing all that well.

Parise? Meh. Can't pass for beans, can't shoot. Good with his stick, I guess, on tips ins, etc., but not what he once was. A high end Ennis.

Koivu has been good, and has been the best on the team defensively of all the forwards, though Ek is showing well.

In general, the forwards just don't seem to take care of the puck well in the neutral zone compared to previous years. I think that's a main reason for our relatively poor GA's record.

Is Dubnyk to proud to go to Stalock and get lessons on how to handle the puck? Is the coaching staff too stupid the difference between the two in that regard? A little thing, I guess, but I swear, if Doobs rims the puck around the boards to a winger from the opposite team I'm going to lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad