GDT: Game 71: Predators @ Avalanche - Friday, March 16th, 7PM - Predators and Prey

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Looks like Avs won't get much help from anyone tonight either. Wild winning, Ducks winning, Stars picked up a point. Avs really need a win Sunday.

Reactions: Balthazar

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Not even mad. It was a valiant effort from a tired club against a much better team. We won the two important games this week, let's put the Wings down on Monday and start a new winning streak.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Very good game on a B2B. Not upset they lost. Just wasn't their night. Move on to the next one. That's a game they have to win though.

I know we have yet to win against them this year but I think the Avs match up well against NSH. I wouldn't mind if they play against them in the first round. I would prefer Vegas over them of course but I would much prefer NSH over Jets. I think we would have a better chance at an upset against them then the Jets.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Bad game from Mackinnon and Mikko yet still a decent game for the Avs. Landeskog was a force. All's okay (plus I won money).

Come out big on Sunday!!

You have to stop betting against the Avs. Also, you were lucky on this one.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Macks worst game in a long time like others said. I wasn't impressed by Rantanen either.

Oh well. We lost to one of the best clubs in the NHL so can't be too disappointed. So I'm not going to post "We suck again" clip.

I will if we lose to Wings though. We need to win that game.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Varlamov has been standing on his head for us in this last stretch, I hope he bounces back vs Detroit on Sunday.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
You have to stop betting against the Avs. Also, you were lucky on this one.
I've only done it twice this year I believe. The Montreal game that ended the big streak, and this one. Back to backs after major emotional wins are how I make money betting lol.

Reactions: 21 and Murzu

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I thought Johansson did a really good job of shutting down the MacKinnon line and I think Bednar should have stopped matching top lines early on

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
There is one player who will help the Avs beat teams like Preds, Jets etc.. in the playoffs and his name is JT, otherwise they'll either get swept, or maybe just win one game if they get matched up against the Preds, or the Jets if Avs get the 3rd spot in the division, which is possible.

Seriously, it's very apparent that other than the 1st line, Avs really lack secondary impactful line that can make a difference, specially against teams like the Preds.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
There is one player who will help the Avs beat teams like Preds, Jets etc.. in the playoffs and his name is JT, otherwise they'll either get swept, or maybe just win one game if they get matched up against the Preds, or the Jets if Avs get the 3rd spot in the division, which is possible.

Seriously, it's very apparent that other than the 1st line, Avs really lack secondary impactful line that can make a difference, specially against teams like the Preds.

We already have a JT, and his name is Jimmothy Timmothy Compher. (love Moser for that)

Btw, if you offer Tavares a contract and tell him: "Hey we need you for secondary scoring" he probably say: No thank you.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->