Post-Game Talk: GAME #70: Canucks 0 @ Ducks 3 | Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. | WE MADE THE PLAYOFFS!!! Oh. Nevermind.

Are the Canuck's gonna make the playoff's???????

• Yes!

Votes: 30 46.9%
  • Definitely.

Votes: 48 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I hear ya jabrone. The dealings with the Ducks old and new is really cool

Gillis

- We draft Jensen 29th, Ducks draft Rakell 30th

-,we trade our 3rd to Anaheim for Lapierre. Ducks draft Frederic Andersen with that 3rd we gave for Maxime Lugano, then the Ducks trade Andersen to the Leafs for their 2016 1st (Sam Steel) and the Leafs 2017 2nd (Maxime Comtios)

- Gillis gives Kesler a NTC. Torts rips the A off Keslers jersey for his off ice/dressing room attitude/Shenanigans. Rogers Arena fires Gillis.

Benning

Kesler names one team he'd accept a trade to - Anaheim

Kesler and a 3rd (Sideroff) to Anaheim for Bonino (signs as UFA with Nashville for 4 years, $4 million per after 2 years with Pittsburgh), Sbisa (Vegas 2nd pairing stud), a 1st (tweener McCann traded for Net Front presence - Guds) and a 3rd (traded to Rangers for Dorsett) Rangers draft Iverson

Bieksa traded to Ducks for a 2nd. (2nd is then traded in package to Pittsburgh along with Clendenning and Bonino) for Sutter and Pitts 3rd Lockwood. Pitts draft Gustavsson with the 2nd we gave them. Bonino, Clendenning and Gustavsson are no longer with the Penguin organization. Sutter and Lockwood are still property of your Vancouver Canucks

Interesting history with the Ducks. Interesting

Criticizing the Maxim Lapierre trade has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen here. That the Ducks did some good asset management with that pick afterward changes nothing. That was an excellent trade for this team.

And yes, the Benning part is much worse. It isn't even close. To argue this is absolutely mind-boggling.

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
No Pisano! I have zero probs with the Lap Dance! The 32 year old has eked a nice niche playing in the Swiss-A League for the last 3 seasons.

However, lets agree to disagree regarding you saying "excellent trade for this team" Personally, I prefer Anaheim's outcome over ours. Yes, Lappy was there playing a certain role with the Sedin core running things, making it to the finals in 2011 (no cup) and then assisting in the team's consecutive, embarrassing first round knockouts that shamed this city after 2011

Laps Canuck Stats

149 games - 14 goals 16 assists.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Canucks got more playoff games out of Lappy than

Miller
Vrbata
Sutter
Eriksson
Gudbranson
Baertschi
Granlund
Pouliot
MDZ
Dorsett
Sbisa
Bonino
Pedan
Bartkowski
Gagner
Dowd
And
Larsen

COMBINED!

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
Canucks got more playoff games out of Lappy than

Miller
Vrbata
Sutter
Eriksson
Gudbranson
Baertschi
Granlund
Pouliot
MDZ
Dorsett
Sbisa
Bonino
Pedan
Bartkowski
And
Larsen

COMBINED!

Excellent Comparison!

Excellent!!

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
Anaheim basically schools Gillis on Asset Management (see how a two 1st round picks, a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick led to Buyout Ballard). Eventually turning Maxime Lugano 32 into Sam Steel and Maxime Comtois (via the amazing drafting of Frederic Andersen with our 3rd round pick. Cannata doesn't say hi). Utter brilliance, utter ****ing brilliance

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Anaheim basically schools Gillis on Asset Management (see how a two 1st round picks, a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick led to Buyout Ballard). Eventually turning Maxime Lugano 32 into Sam Steel and Maxime Comtois (via the amazing drafting of Frederic Andersen with our 3rd round pick. Cannata doesn't say hi). Utter brilliance, utter ****ing brilliance
Uhhh MG has been gone for 4 years, come back to 2018 and focus on Benning.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
A guy that was serviceable in the teams run to game 7 of the finals is being criticize, the GM you idolize traded a 3rd round pick for Andrey Pedan but as soon as Gillis trades that for a the teams 3rd like center in a run to game 7 of the finals it’s a problem :biglaugh:

Givinfo a NTC to a 40 goal 70 point Selke winner is being critiqued

Benning turned Kesler and Bieksa (while adding the 33rd pick and Gustav Forsling!) into Linden Vey, Erik Gudbranson and Brandon Sutter.

Come on if the PR team is interested in hiring someone shoot me a PM I can do a much better job.

Back on ignore you go.

Reactions: geebaan

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
Uhhh MG has been gone for 4 years, come back to 2018 and focus on Benning.

We are discussing the historical relations between Anaheim and Vancouver and how some of these dealings greatly impacted the team today.

Niklas Jensen - selected 29th overall (currently with Jokerit Helsinki)
Rickard Rakell - selected 30th overall (leading scorer for your Anaheim Ducks)

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
A guy that was serviceable in the teams run to game 7 of the finals is being criticize, the GM you idolize traded a 3rd round pick for Andrey Pedan but as soon as Gillis trades that for a the teams 3rd like center in a run to game 7 of the finals it’s a problem :biglaugh:

Givinfo a NTC to a 40 goal 70 point Selke winner is being critiqued

Benning turned Kesler and Bieksa (while adding the 33rd pick and Gustav Forsling!) into Linden Vey, Erik Gudbranson and Brandon Sutter.

Come on if the PR team is interested in hiring someone shoot me a PM I can do a much better job.

Back on ignore you go.

Gustav Forsling currently playing for the Rockford Icedogs - has 1 goal and 2 assists in 15 games (someone once told me he was a top 4 defenceman with the lowly Chicago Blackhawks) Not to be

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
We are discussing the historical relations between Anaheim and Vancouver and how some of these dealings greatly impacted the team today.

Niklas Jensen - selected 29th overall (currently with Jokerit Helsinki)
Rickard Rakell - selected 30th overall (leading scorer for your Anaheim Ducks)
Who the f*** cares? We have gone 2.5 games without a goal and here you are talking about what we should have done 4-6 years ago?

MG has been fired already, focus on the fact we have a team that can’t score because Benning.

Reactions: geebaan

Wok with Stan

Mar 12, 2018
Who the **** cares? We have gone 2.5 games without a goal and here you are talking about what we should have done 4-6 years ago?

MG has been fired already, focus on the fact we have a team that can’t score because Benning.
Forget Gillis. I am going to start blaming Nonis for all this mess. Just think. If Nonis did not get Luongo, then we would not have experienced a goalie meltdown in the finals and we would have won a cup.
Am I doing this right?
:sarcasm:

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Forget Gillis. I am going to start blaming Nonis for all this mess. Just think. If Nonis did not get Luongo, then we would not have experienced a goalie meltdown in the finals and we would have won a cup.
Am I doing this right?
:sarcasm:
It’s Burke’s fault, if he didn’t pick Koltsov and got a better D, Nonis wouldn’t have he need to draft Bourdon and then Gillis would’ve drafted Karlsson instead of Hodgson.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I made the trip to California with some friends to watch the canucks score exactly zero goals in two games.

The Honda center is really nice though, so there's that.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
If you are not going to talk about last night's game in here this thread will be closed. The conversations taking place in here can take place elsewhere.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
If we get shutout next game are we forever enshrined in the NHL history books? First reason to watch a game in a while if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->