Post-Game Talk: Game 70 - B's zap the Lightning - BRUINS 3 Tampa Bay 0 FINAL

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Anybody know the degree of difficulty in the breakdown between Tampa schedule and ours ? I know we go head to head twice more. ?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Anybody know the degree of difficulty in the breakdown between Tampa schedule and ours ? I know we go head to head twice more. ?

They have one fewer games to play, mostly non play off/wild card teams. One game with the Leafs and us the exception.

I don’t think it’s easy but I think today is their last back to back,

Gintonicplz

Jul 23, 2017
Czech republic
Just finished watching the game from VOD and just wow! What a performance and determination - especially with such a core players injured as Bergy, Chara and McAvoy. To me, this has been one of the best 60-minutes played games by Bruins whole season so far. Love Gryz confidence in defensive and offensive zone, it seems like his confidence rises with every game. Also great game by McQuaid (that defensive dive and block shot during PK!) and Rick Nash. Is it obvious that we have one if not the best 4th line in the league? The amount of energy and physical intensity they bring to the table every game is astounding. It has been lovely to watch how quickly they got under the skin of Lighting players.

Way to go Bruins!

Reactions: BBruins and Strafer

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
They have one fewer games to play, mostly non play off/wild card teams. One game with the Leafs and us the exception.

They have two more back to backs after today's. We have two because of the postponed game.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

The Bruins don’t play today.

They have 12 games left and 21 days in the regular season. They play (literally) every other day for the next 3 weeks starting tomorrow.

7 of the 12 games are against teams currently in the playoffs (they also have 3 against FLA, 1 vs STL, 1 vs OTT). 7 of the 12 games are on the road.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017

Thank you........

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The Bruins don’t play today.

They have 12 games left and 21 days in the regular season. They play (literally) every other day for the next 3 weeks starting tomorrow.

7 of the 12 games are against teams currently in the playoffs (they also have 3 against FLA, 1 vs STL, 1 vs OTT). 7 of the 12 games are on the road.

Dear Joseph:

I think he/she is talking about Tampa.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Solid game from the center position, they responded well after Backes had to leave.

Grizz looked poised and moved the puck quickly.

The depth on this team is amazing.

Reactions: Chief Nine

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Hedman is an absolute stud defenseman....but was there a time where he was viewed as a bust, or potentially not going to be good as his draft position?

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Solid game from the center position, they responded well after Backes had to leave.

Grizz looked poised and moved the puck quickly.

The depth on this team is amazing.
You hit the nail on the head. The Center depth on this team is the engine. Bergie, Krejci, Nash, Backes, Kuraly. Skill, grit, depth, size and toughness. You build around it.

Reactions: Olden McGroin

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

The Lightning have 11 games remaining with only 5 against teams currently in a PO spot (TOR, NJ, NAS, BOSx2). They also have games vs EDM, NYI, NYR, ARI, BUF, and CAR. As caz said, there are two back to backs the 29th/30th (B’s/Rags) and the 6th/7th (BUF/CAR), with 6 of the 11 games at home.

Definitely easier than the B’s schedule, but the head to head games (and the B’s health) should be the key.

The B’s are definitely in. I guess the question is just if you want TOR in the 1st round or one of PHI/CLS/NJ/FLA, which would mean the Bolts and Leafs could beat each other up and one would be eliminated.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
This win truly does solidify, that when this team puts their mind to it, they can beat anyone. Even with most of our big guns out. Impressive.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I hate the thought that Riley Nash is probably leaving in the offseason. He and Kuraly have been two of my favorite guys to watch play this year.

It has to feel good for Riley to especially hit the points totals he's hitting this year. Fourth liner, my ass. This guy is a top 9 player with a versatile enough game to compensate for any role he needs to play

Reactions: Olden McGroin

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I hate the thought that Riley Nash is probably leaving in the offseason. He and Kuraly have been two of my favorite guys to watch play this year.

It has to feel good for Riley to especially hit the points totals he's hitting this year. Fourth liner, my ass. This guy is a top 9 player with a versatile enough game to compensate for any role he needs to play

We spent a lot of years watching guys struggle in the system here and going on to have decent careers elsewhere. Maybe that tide is turning, and guys will start seeing success here in the system sand style Cassidy dictates. Makes Boston an awfully attractive destination I would think.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Bruins net 'biggest win in a long time' in shutout at Tampa

Asked if the win was a message to the Lightning, Rask shook his head.

“I think it’s a message to ourselves, to say that no matter how many guys are missing and no matter who’s missing, if we put or minds to it and play solid, that’s (what will happen),” Rask said.
And that's the flip side,it's awfully hard to win night in and night out short on talent but long on energy. I loved the game,but it doesn't mean much to me,not sure if Tampa was caught by surprise or what,I'll enjoy this win and see how it plays out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->