Post-Game Talk: Game 70 - B's zap the Lightning - BRUINS 3 Tampa Bay 0 FINAL

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
That was the best game in a long time by the Bruins. I love this team so much - they step up, play for each other, have resilience, and are so strong in the third periods. The PK and PP have recovered it seems. Fantastic effort and performance. Could we just have a little good luck and not get any more injuries please?

I'm glad Backes is okay - for some reason the Hockey Gods don't want him playing right now. Can you imagine a team with a healthy Bergy, McAvoy, Chara, DeBrusk and Backes? It makes me giddy if we go into the playoffs with a healthy team.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
That was the best game in a long time by the Bruins. I love this team so much - they step up, play for each other, have resilience, and are so strong in the third periods. The PK and PP have recovered it seems. Fantastic effort and performance. Could we just have a little good luck and not get any more injuries please?

I'm glad Backes is okay - for some reason the Hockey Gods don't want him playing right now. Can you imagine a team with a healthy Bergy, McAvoy, Chara, DeBrusk and Backes? It makes me giddy if we go into the playoffs with a healthy team.
This kind of effort with all that talent on the shelf really is something else. Bodes very well for when (if) they’re finally healthy. Also gives some leeway to keeping players out until fully healed instead of potentially rushing them back from injuries.

Reactions: caz16

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Rick Peckham who does play by play for Lightning TV has been calling games for over 30 years going back to Hartford. The Lightning are a viable part of the Tampa Bay community, unlike the Panthers who are a footnote in South Florida.

Amalie Arena is one of the best barns in the NHL I highly recommend it for a road trip.

Seconded. I caught a game there in January. Great city. Lots of support for their team

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
The team seems to be in it's own zone right now. Very work man like. Last night it was all clicking at once.

HOLDEN the first two periods was dominant. GRYZ was marvelous to watch and quite frankly has taken over in McAvoys absence. Krug is on a tear......And Carlo has been the BEST HE HAS PLAYED ever the last 4 games. Miller and McQuaid were excellent all night.

Rask seemed locked in from the outset.

Riley Nash was marvelous. There was one play where he looked just like Bergie.......Amazing this guy. I thought he was one of our best players last year in the playoffs also...Find the money to pay him.
Pasta was skating as was Marchand..........Heinen was more involved. Wingles needs a spot.....Maybe for Shaller ? But this guys is all over the ice.

Krejci is playing two hundred feet, When Bergie does it everyone notices....When Krejci does it, NOBODY seems to notice it.

RICK NASH may not be scoring but he is creating and he is all over the ice.......He is also a deadly defensive force......

The 50's line was all over the ice......ACCIARI has stepped up the physical game again.........

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
That was Wingels best game since his first game with the Bruins, but no chance I'm replacing Schaller for him. IF everyone is healthy, Wingels/Gionta are the extra forwards once again. Both are depth players and the only spot I could see either uprooting is 4th line RW.

Reactions: bme44

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Tampa's broadcast was very good. Brian Engblom is excellent and they even interviewed Marchand between periods. In all the games I watch on Center Ice, I don't see visiting players interviewed much.

Saying they were better than Florida's broadcast crew isn't saying a whole lot, as freshmen in a high school broadcast journalism class would be a marked improvement on that motley crew.

Considering the B's struggles with the Leafs (and the biased officiating) letting Tampa take care of them in the first round would be great.

Rask was very good tonight. Right now there's not another goalie in the league I'd take over him. Even Rinne, who is excellent, but has elite D in front of him.

A few Tampa fans commented on that interview on their board last night and they were giving Marchand a little praise. Begrudgingly, but they were actually a little impressed from the posts I saw

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Also, Last night they really gave it up physically. They really clogged open lanes by giving up the body. Tampa got very little cycle game going compared to what they can usually do. 4th line was very impressive. Kuraly does not get enough love. The guy is pure energy and determination. Almost a Tazmanian Devil effect.....He creates pressure and turnover with his closing speed and he has good instincts. The defenseman also took away the center of the ice. It was impressive.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

Nash is setting himself up to get paid this summer and with the dearth of free agents he may get himself a great contract (I don’t think the bruins can compete or at least won’t tie their hands to compete).

I think in any year that didn’t involve an expansion team having amazing first year success Cassidy would be the coach of the year (I actually think he is-especially what he’s done with so many key injuries but Vegas gets the attention).

Sweeney’s moves have been excellent as well. I think he picked up good depth (not amazing, big name players but experienced players).

I think this team is hungry for a cup-something I think they lacked the last few years with Julien. They still might get beat (after all the games have to be played) but they play hungry, like a team that gets bring a team, and they don’t give up.

Reactions: Jdavidev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad