GDT: Game 70: Blackhawks vs Coyotes - 7:30pm - BSAZ

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Is it just me or did Hayton look and sound a bit more grown up in that interview?
Just imagine when he's 25...
Somewhere, likely the back of a Wendy’s, John Chayka smiled.

Captain Keller
Chayka should be smiling about his draft picks....and falling down apologizing about how F'd up just about every other aspect of his role as GM.

Captain 'Helen' Keller....the Blind leading the Blind....to the 1st overall pick in 2023 NHL Draft.

:sarcasm:

BAdvocate

Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I was expecting to see a few comments about Soderstrom who may have had one of his better games (not saying much).

I've been on record essentially giving up on Soderstrom as prospect who could eventually be a core Coyote.

I had an epiphany while watching the game realizing I've been talking about unrealistic expectations for Hayton as a 22 year old.

Guess what @BAdvocate (you moron) ..... Soderstrom is a younger 22 and plays a position that most say takes more development time than forward.....sounds like unrealistic expectations to pass any judgment on Soderstrom at this stage of his career.

Still learning....one day at a time.

:popcorn:

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
We have several posters who have unrealistic expectations of our draft picks. The level of giveup on Keller, Hayton, Soderstrom and others. Kids need to develop. We have a good group of youngsters.... valimaki, moser, macelli, kolyachook who I also like plus our goaltending.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I was expecting to see a few comments about Soderstrom who may have had one of his better games (not saying much).

I've been on record essentially giving up on Soderstrom as prospect who could eventually be a core Coyote.

I had an epiphany while watching the game realizing I've been talking about unrealistic expectations for Hayton as a 22 year old.

Guess what @BAdvocate (you moron) ..... Soderstrom is a younger 22 and plays a position that most say takes more development time than forward.....sounds like unrealistic expectations to pass any judgment on Soderstrom at this stage of his career.

Still learning....one day at a time.

:popcorn:
Don't beat yourself up, even professionals are wrong on kids. I was wrong about Keller, Soderstrom, McBain, and others in the past. I got a little luck with Chychrun, Schmaltz, and Hayton (maybe?).

I view scouting as an art with many forms. For instance, I like speedy power forward types generally, crashing the net with the puck, setting up screens, using the body to make physical plays in all 3 zones. There are outliers like Benson, Bedard, and Caulfield, but generally I prefer bigger, physical players. I have found I like guys with stronger neutral zone defense and strong transition skills, too.

Reactions: BAdvocate

BAdvocate

Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Don't beat yourself up, even professionals are wrong on kids. I was wrong about Keller, Soderstrom, McBain, and others in the past. I got a little luck with Chychrun, Schmaltz, and Hayton (maybe?).

I view scouting as an art with many forms. For instance, I like speedy power forward types generally, crashing the net with the puck, setting up screens, using the body to make physical plays in all 3 zones. There are outliers like Benson, Bedard, and Caulfield, but generally I prefer bigger, physical players. I have found I like guys with stronger neutral zone defense and strong transition skills, too.
Thanks, I was just having some fun calling myself a moron :laugh: for my hypocrisy.

I'm no scout.

Reactions: YotesFan47

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

We as fans forget that coaches, staff etc. are around these kids 24/7 and have a much better feel for the player and how they are developing or not developing. I have been one of the most critical of Hayton, I feel for good reason, but I also said we can't give up on him because of age. What looks like a player not developing from a fan perspective is usually different than that of the organization.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
We as fans forget that coaches, staff etc. are around these kids 24/7 and have a much better feel for the player and how they are developing or not developing. I have been one of the most critical of Hayton, I feel for good reason, but I also said we can't give up on him because of age. What looks like a player not developing from a fan perspective is usually different than that of the organization.
Excellent J53, I was also in the Hayton at 5OA- not impressed. HOWEVER, he is developing and 22yo. My thinking is now abruptly changed. The progress next year by him will hopefully give me a taste of my 10 1/2" shoe.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad