GDT: Game 69 | Columbus vs. Detroit | 3/9 7PM

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
How important has the Ian Cole trade been to this team?

I truly believe that bringing him in is allowing the team to roll three defense pairings at any time. Jones and Werenski are caught in less situations having to defend against top lines, and I think their offensive success is a direct result.
Also Werenski minutes are cut now from 20 to 15-16. No PK time for him, which considering his injury is good.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

I truly believe that bringing him in is allowing the team to roll three defense pairings at any time. Jones and Werenski are caught in less situations having to defend against top lines, and I think their offensive success is a direct result.
Agree and good point on the offensive bonus it allows.

I would say the same for the Letestu and Vanek additions. We no longer have the AHL de jour/has been 4th line, added a scorer/playmaker and have 4 lines that balance playing time. Our faceoffs have improved too.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Agree and good point on the offensive bonus it allows.

I would say the same for the Letestu and Vanek additions. We no longer have the AHL de jour/has been 4th line, added a scorer/playmaker and have 4 lines that balance playing time. Our faceoffs have improved too.

We need the experience on that line. I like to think of it as using Touch of Grey by Just for Men

Youth and experience

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC

Zach only had a little over 15 minutes tonight. Cole is eating the extra minutes up

Reactions: Sore Loser

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
We have a huuuge opportunity to punch our ticket to the playoffs by the end of March. Only 2 out of the next 10 teams we'll face are currently in a playoff position, and we'll get matches against the Flyers and Panthers, grabbing 7 or 8 wins is completely realistic. Meanwhile the Devils have a brutal roadtrip where they'll face Nashville, Vegas, all three California teams and Pittsburgh.... then return home to face Tampa.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
We have a huuuge opportunity to punch our ticket to the playoffs by the end of March. Only 2 out of the next 10 teams we'll face are currently in a playoff position, and we'll get matches against the Flyers and Panthers, grabbing 7 or 8 wins is completely realistic. Meanwhile the Devils have a brutal roadtrip where they'll face Nashville, Vegas, all three California teams and Pittsburgh.... then return home to face Tampa.

Yeah, but as far as I know these are still our father's Columbus Blue Jackets

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Prediction results have been posted for tonight’s game! As I stated in the prediction GDT,

IF the Jackets make the playoffs, starting the first playoff game, everyone’s point totals will reset to 0 and it will start a new predictions standings. So there will be a ‘regular season’ winner and a ‘playoffs’ winner awarded. Both winners will receive a free ticket to a game on my behalf starting next season :)

Last edited:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
As others have noted above, with the new acquisitions.. we’re able to roll out four effective lines and 3 effective d pairs. Giving rest to those who previously had played tons of minutes before the deadline. It will benefit us greatly here over these last 13 games of the season.

Proof: not a single player played less than 10 minutes. First time ALL SEASON this has happened. That’s an incredible feat. One that not many teams have done all season, but we did tonight.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Proof: not a single player played less than 10 minutes. First time ALL SEASON this has happened. That’s an incredible feat. One that not many teams have done all season, but we did tonight.
Actually not the first time, Torts has rolled 4 lines since TDL- Caps game. (He only cut 4rth line minutes with Ducks and Sharks).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad