Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
OK I am an idiot

"Mackinnen hides in the bushes in Fortnite."

I don't get that tweet

DXzf1mCV4AE2oNx.jpg

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Columbus outshot Colorado 18-2 with Wennberg on the ice tonight, and one of the two shots against was from just inside the blueline.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Last comment... Korpisalo has played well in the last two games but he can't give up TWO goals in the last 5 minutes!!!

I don't care who the team is, NHL goalies that CAN'T shut down a game with 5 minutes to go don't last long....

Anyway, lucky two points... Go Jackets!!!

Good thing he only gave up 1 goal in the final 5 minutes.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Three game streak. First since November. The first of the three which I thought the CBJ outplayed their opponent. It would have been unfair for them not to get 2 points tonight.

Kuddos to Torts for calling out the slackers in public prior to the game. He did it without naming specific player(s). A veteran coaching move.

In his 5 games as a CBJ, I think that we've seen a fairly decent sample of the real Vanek. The brilliance-the pass at the end of period one and his second goal which was a goal scorer's goal. I thought he exerted himself a few times on the backcheck as well. And we've seen (or not seen) his Thomas Vanish.

The dmens' TOI ranged from 16:21 (Cole) to 23:59 (Jones). I think that Z is the biggest beneficiary of this more or less even ice time among the dmen. He's been more effective (offensively anyway) ever since his ice time has been reduced.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Echoing others' sentiments about PLD: we've got ourselves a great one.

Looks like a friggin' 19-year old version of Anze Kopitar out there. Still learning as he goes through his first playoff push, and a lot of maturing still to come. But man, kid's special.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
bUT WeNnBerG iSn'T a ToP 6 cEnTEr

There are areas of Wennberg’s game that is still lacking. Most importantly, faceoffs.. because, ya know.. centers are relied on to win faceoffs.

Tonight he was 1/6.. 16 percent. He’s at a whopping 44 percent on the season.

Aside from faceoffs, he played very well tonight. His entire line was incredible but his CF% was insane. His game tonight was a solid A.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
There are areas of Wennberg’s game that is still lacking. Most importantly, faceoffs.. because, ya know.. centers are relied on to win faceoffs.

Tonight he was 1/6.. 16 percent. He’s at a whopping 44 percent on the season.

Aside from faceoffs, he played very well tonight. His entire line was incredible but his CF% was insane. His game tonight was a solid A.
Looks like regardless of what happens, his offeseason training regimen will be what it should have been last season - 100 faceoffs and 1,000 shots per day.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Should stop pairing JJ and Savard on PK. 3 PP goals allowed with them on the ice.
I don't know where he slots, but I'm ptretty sure that Nuti is 4, 5 or 6 among Defensemen on this team. When he returns, who sits? Or will Nuti be the odd man out because of conditioning and not having played for a while?

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I don't know where he slots, but I'm ptretty sure that Nuti is 4, 5 or 6 among Defensemen on this team. When he returns, who sits? Or will Nuti be the odd man out because of conditioning and not having played for a while?
If Torts sits Cole i will riot!

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
It's likely Savard will take the seat after Nuti gets conditioned. Likely bring him in slow. I can see JJ and Savard flipping based on play or going 7D some games with the offensive style D we have.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Dubois already makes some plays that our previous big center couldn't make.

So he's got 37 points now, does anyone have the stat on how many of those came in the last 40-50 games? I'm curious.

Reactions: thebus88

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Dubois already makes some plays that our previous big center couldn't make.

So he's got 37 points now, does anyone have the stat on how many of those came in the last 40-50 games? I'm curious.
11-15-26 in last 40 games, 3rd in points in that time span, behind Panarin 14-25-39, and Jones 8-22-30.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I give Torts a lot of credit for putting together that third line. Boone minimizes the need for Pooh to handle face offs and Vanek adds a scorer's touch to take advantage of Pooh's passing ability. Right now I like how all four lines are set up. Perhaps they are jelling in time for the playoffs.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
And I think the reason Pooh's line had so many shots is that Boone won all of his face offs rather than having Pooh lose 70% of his face offs. Winning face offs give a team a better chance in the offensive zone. Indeed, I cringed when I saw Pooh take the face off to begin overtime which, of course, he lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->