GDT: Game 67: Los Angeles Kings Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 7:30PM | Oink!

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I never feel good about playing the Kings anymore. Every time I underestimate them we end up losing.

Ugh, at least this time I didn’t pay for tickets. Glad I missed the game and couldn’t even watch on tv.

Next time I get tickets I’ll make sure we’re not playing the Kings.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I get the feeling he still doesn’t respect the opponent when he says that. I don’t care where the Kings are in the standings. We’ve lost 3 in a row to them and lose games to them every season so we should take them seriously.

Also he said there are a lot of positives we can take away from tonight. I didn’t see the game but judging from the comments here I’m skeptical of that.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Let’s look on the bright side here. I’d rather take the L then get outshot 43-17. Their goalie stole one; it happens.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
After watching the highlights, I disagree with Reilly Smith. There is no way we beat them 9 in a row if Holden plays that badly every time. He was involved in everything when the other team scored.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Kings were outshot 19-1 in the 3rd when they were already up 4-1. So the shot totals were much closer in the first 2 periods when the game was pretty much decided.

And it was a tougher game for Fleury than the 17 shot total would suggest.

Last edited:

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Kings were outshot 19-1 in the 3rd when they were already up 4-1. So the shot totals were much closer in the first 2 periods when the game was pretty much decided.

And it was a tougher game for Fleury than the 17 shot total would suggest.

I do agree with that. Those first 2 goals...when Kopitar and Doughty are on the ice at the same time they are better than us.

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
After watching the highlights, I disagree with Reilly Smith. There is no way we beat them 9 in a row if Holden plays that badly every time. He was involved in everything when the other team scored.
Well, it's not like he's going to say "if only one of our players would have played better we wouldn't have lost".

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
I didn't read through the entire GDT, so apologies if this is redundant.
Did anyone else feel like this was a Gallant VGK effort?
Lots of Holden criticism, but Marty was awful, too.
Please start Lehner next game!

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

I honestly think it was a trap all the way, against a team that is substantially better than its record on some nights.

We did learn that Pirri is unnecessary. If we're gonna have dead weight, might as well let a prospect get some NHL reps.

So long as we survive in playoff position and hopefully on top of Pacific, I think forcing the team to play through the adversity of no Stone can only strengthen it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Holden and Marchy were awful. Fleury was admittedly not great but once it was 2-0 it was pretty much game over. We had a lot of shots but most of them were low danger.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Holden and Marchy were awful. Fleury was admittedly not great but once it was 2-0 it was pretty much game over. We had a lot of shots but most of them were low danger.
It pretty much comes down to, we didn’t work hard, not quite as bad as the last wild game, but the effort level was abysmal. It’s possible we could still have lost putting in an excellent effort, but it would have been much more preferable.

Reactions: HanSolo

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
It pretty much comes down to, we didn’t work hard, not quite as bad as the last wild game, but the effort level was abysmal. It’s possible we could still have lost putting in an excellent effort, but it would have been much more preferable.

We are still 1st in the Pacific and it's a game so unless it keep up then I think there's no reason for alarm yet.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Who's sounding the alarm? Why can't we be frustrated with an isolated performance without acting like the whole sky is falling?

I think you're reading criticism, of someone, I don't know, in my post where there wasn't? It was a declarative statement.

I think they had a poor game but it's been in the midst of a good month for the team, so is much easier to take and store away for now.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think you're reading criticism, of someone, I don't know, in my post where there wasn't? It was a declarative statement.

I think they had a poor game but it's been in the midst of a good month for the team, so is much easier to take and store away for now.
Fair enough. Text doesn't always translate

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Fair enough. Text doesn't always translate

I was frustrated at the game, I'm thinking it could be a blip but with Stone, Glass and Tuch needing to come back and I think Nosek is playing through something because of the situation I worry somewhat that these performances could be more frequent for a while. Though I trust the team to get wins during that.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Yes it does.

Now it's up to you to determine the spirit of what I wrote.

Wah moving up the lineup.

Roy, Carrier and Whitecloud were real good yesterday, Theodore always is and Schmidt has played much much better lately. Fleury and Marchessault were awful yesterday (I think Marchy gets frustrated and tries to do it all himself). I worry though about moving guys who are great on the third line to the second or first - the Peter principle, you know.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Losing this game is one thing, but the team hasn’t looked the same without Stone, some other guys are out too and the division race is still close. Edmonton is winning 8-3 and will only be 2 points behind us with one less game played. We still play Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver all on the road (we get Vancouver once at home too).

I don’t think we have anything under control right now. Nobody has been in control in this division. We don’t know how long Stone will be out. It’s a good thing we traded for another goalie; we’re going to need him.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
And yes I am alarmed, not because of one loss, but mostly because of the injuries.

On the other hand, being cautious with Stone right now increases the chances he will be healthy for the playoffs so there’s that.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Losing this game is one thing, but the team hasn’t looked the same without Stone, some other guys are out too and the division race is still close. Edmonton is winning 8-3 and will only be 2 points behind us with one less game played. We still play Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver all on the road (we get Vancouver once at home too).

I don’t think we have anything under control right now. Nobody has been in control in this division. We don’t know how long Stone will be out. It’s a good thing we traded for another goalie; we’re going to need him.
Damn.... no late 6 goal surge by the Preds :laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad