GDT: Game 64 - Wild @ Coyotes - 8PM Central / 4AM Finland - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Arizona's been pretty good lately. No excuse though to drop two in a row to them.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Arizona's been pretty good lately. No excuse though to drop two in a row to them.
Tampa has lost two in row too Buffalo in just as many games it’s called that’s how hockey works sometimes. If they don’t hit the post three times the wild probably win the game.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Tampa has lost two in row too Buffalo in just as many games it’s called that’s how hockey works sometimes. If they don’t hit the post three times the wild probably win the game.
Yup, if those posts go in they likely win. Those are the breaks sometimes.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Pretty predictable loss. Huge win against a division opponent followed by a game against a bad team on the road, half full arena, backup goalie. Meh. Shake it off and move on to Colorado.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Pretty predictable loss. Huge win against a division opponent followed by a game against a bad team on the road, half full arena, backup goalie. Meh. Shake it off and move on to Colorado.
Did you say you were going to the game? So much for our good luck charm. :sarcasm:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Ok. Like many predicted, one of those games. Wild took Coyotes too lightly. Our Flying Rockstars line looked like The Fumbling Pumpkins after a nice start.

No worries yet, this was one to lose. But there's no room for slumping. With all back to backs and stuff, it's still tight situation standings wise.

Positives: secondary scoring.

To the next one.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
What a waste. It's evident that Stalock doesn't get enough play time and this is what happens. Either play him more or don't play him at all, it's that simple.

Though this is not solely on Stalock. The whole team looked extremely uninterested to participate in this game. Sloppy mistakes, zero effort to drive the net and no emotion whatsoever. I don't like to give up points. I don't mind losing, but if we do, at least lose with some dignity. Though Coyotes have been hot lately, and Raanta seems to be on fire.

Hopefully we don't have to see this kind of effort tomorrow.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm going to give Stalock a pass. None of them was an out and out "soft" goal, though it would've been nice if he had stopped at least one. This is what happens when you don't give your goalie work. Wild could've scored quite a few more, and just didn't seem to have any luck, but it is disturbing that their team defense is very leaky. In particular, the giveaways around the Blue lines were damaging. Normally, I get on the Ennis, Foligno's, and Winniks of the world, but I thought Granlund and Zucker were bad in that regard. There was a lot of taking off from the D zone before the puck was secured, leaving them prone to counter attacks. Also a lot of waving at pucks by the usual suspects, rather than stopping and engaging.

Having said all that, we should have won that game.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I do blame Stalock somewhat for the goals. There was plenty of other blame to go around for letting the chances happen. The team defense was sloppy.

1. He was playing very small: crouching really low to try and find the puck, and not playing at the top of the crease.
2. better rebound control, or freezing the puck.
3. not on him at all.
4. it was a good shot, he also misread it off the stick. It was a savable puck.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I think I was mostly upset about the 4th one, didn't seem like he should be beat from that part of the ice especially from a defenseman. 1st one was eh, such a weird, quick sequence of events that was hard to prepare for.

3rd goal was probably the most frustrating in general. That was the Staal/Zucker/Granny line not doing enough work. And right after tying the game? Just an unacceptable let down there. Oh well.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
When we get bounced in the 1st round again, I vote to re-tool. The Wild just don't have what it takes to contend. Staal is having a great year and whatever line he is on goes. But, most of the other forwards are lackluster. The defense has been good but not Predators-level that it will carry the forwards. Staal will fetch A LOT in a trade and we could move out some of our other appealing players to pick up some better picks and prospects. We need to inject blue chips and higher end prospects into our system.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
frustrating to lose twice in less than 30 days to a bottom feeder. i just dont see "contender" when i watch the wild. they need to go for the jugular more often. i know we were outshooting them 24-10 and up 1-0 but then something changed. sad.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Let's hope we were just looking past Arizona to tonight's game.

I liked Boudreua's comments after the game too about how guys were getting too cute with the puck and how we had a bunch of 2 on 1's that ended up with no shots. Glad he called some guys out on that crap.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
frustrating to lose twice in less than 30 days to a bottom feeder. i just dont see "contender" when i watch the wild. they need to go for the jugular more often. i know we were outshooting them 24-10 and up 1-0 but then something changed. sad.

AZ woke up and started to play after that. The Wild have a hard time against a strong forecheck in the transition game, they have all season. AZ started pressed hard on the d-men and forced bad/early passes. Their d-men held the blue line instead of backing off.

AZ has been decent since the calendar flipped to 2018. A 22 game record of 9-7-6 (89p pace), and that was against mostly Playoff (or within a couple points of the WC) teams.

Reactions: Jakey53

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
I can't blame Stalock for that. The guy plays, what, maybe one game a week? No body is going to stay sharp like that. I blame BB for not using him more. I also don't understand why our defense is so porous when he plays. None of the goals he let in were as soft as ones Dubnyk has given up much more regularly.

Last night affirms, yet again, why i doubt this team will accomplish anything again. They light the world on fire against a desperate Blues team and then go lose to the worst team in the NHL--twice! Some things you just can't explain.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I can't blame Stalock for that. The guy plays, what, maybe one game a week? No body is going to stay sharp like that. I blame BB for not using him more. I also don't understand why our defense is so porous when he plays. None of the goals he let in were as soft as ones Dubnyk has given up much more regularly.

Last night affirms, yet again, why i doubt this team will accomplish anything again. They light the world on fire against a desperate Blues team and then go lose to the worst team in the NHL--twice! Some things you just can't explain.
1st and 4th goals were very Dubnyk like. Beaten glove side from distance. 2nd goal was a floater from distance that he dropped right on the stick of the AZ player, and then just sat there and watched until it was in his net. Hard to blame him for the 3rd goal, but the way he tried to come across was embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad