Martinook - Richardson - Cousins
Rinaldo - Hamilton - Archibald

Ekman-Larsson - Demers
Chychrun - Goligoski
Connauton - Hjalmarsson

Raanta

---------------------------​

The Opponent

Despite a dreadful start to the 2017-18 regular season, the Arizona Coyotes have clawed to within three points of the Buffalo Sabres for 30th in the League standings. It may not sound like much, but for a team that didn't earn its first win until Oct. 30 -- in its 12th game -- its rally is quite impressive.

The Coyotes are currently playing their best hockey of the season, going 6-3-1 during their past 10 games, a stretch bested by only Anaheim (6-2-2) in the Pacific Division.

That span includes a 4-3 overtime win at Xcel Energy Center on Feb. 8, a game in which the Coyotes dug themselves out of a 3-0 hole by scoring four times unanswered. Clayton Keller tallied the winning goal 3:55 into the extra session. Nick Cousins scored twice in the game, and Derek Stepan had a pair of assists.

The meeting Thursday is the second of three games, and the first of two in Glendale; the two clubs square off again at Gila River Arena in 16 days.

Keller leads the Coyotes offensively and is in the midst of a breakout rookie campaign. He's scored 17 goals and has 44 points, both first on the club. Stepan is second with 39 points, and Brendan Perlini has 16 goals.

Antti Raanta has been solid when healthy, especially lately. He's 13-15-6 on the year with a 2.46 goals-against average and .923 save percentage. Former Wild goaltender Darcy Kuemper, acquired in a trade with the Los Angeles Kings last week, is his backup.

---------------------------​

As long as they remember how last game against the Yotes went, we should win this one.

Last edited:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Should be a win. Need to take advantage of these types of games before the schedule gets really tough again towards the end of the month. Predicting a 4-2 win...might need some scoring from some other lines this time ;)

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Hypothetical question. Wild are due to drop one.

Would you rather have it be against the worst team in the league(even if playing better as of late) or a team chasing them that we loath in Colorado.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Would you rather have it be against the worst team in the league(even if playing better as of late) or a team chasing them that we loath in Colorado.
I'd much rather lose to Arizona. It has little implication in the standings and it's easy to brush off as "one of those games." And ideally it can be a reminder that they do actually have to work for every win. Plus I think Yotes fans are fun.

Losing to Colorado is harder to let roll off the back, for multiple reasons.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would be shocked if the Wild don't come out and stomp ARI. They have to remember what happened last time. Hopefully Brodin is up to speed, and Dumba back on the promising track that he was on before last game.

Coyle and Parise are overdue.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I would be shocked if the Wild don't come out and stomp ARI. They have to remember what happened last time. Hopefully Brodin is up to speed, and Dumba back on the promising track that he was on before last game.

Coyle and Parise are overdue.
This morning I took another look at the Koivu goal from last game and Coyle's pass was ridiculous. He had Hutton beat from behind the net :laugh:

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
If one could choose between:

Lose to ARZ, beat Col in regulation, or
Beat ARZ, lost to COL in regulation...

The obvious choice to to deny COL the points.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Can't drop games like these.

I can stomach losing b2b's on the road against good teams as long as we're not a complete no-show.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.

I vote for dropping one on Colorado.

You know who's overdue? Ek. He's going through withdrawals. He can still remember the way it felt, coursing through his arms until that release and all-too-brief high. He's determined to hit it again, elbow pad strapped tight around his arm, balancing a puck on the blade of his stick while he heats up. He needs it. He can taste it. He will sell your fancy dog if that's what it takes.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I vote for dropping one on Colorado.

You know who's overdue? Ek. He's going through withdrawals. He can still remember the way it felt, coursing through his arms until that release and all-too-brief high. He's determined to hit it again, elbow pad strapped tight around his arm, balancing a puck on the blade of his stick while he heats up. He needs it. He can taste it. He will sell your fancy dog if that's what it takes.

Haha.

He was so close last game too. That shot he hit the crossbar with shot all the way up into the suite level. I don't think I've ever seen a puck fly that far after a bar shot.

Reactions: Bazeek

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This morning I took another look at the Koivu goal from last game and Coyle's pass was ridiculous. He had Hutton beat from behind the net :laugh:
Well, he had to set up the Badass sniper on the line...:sarcasm:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Interesting...looks like I was wrong to assume Kunin/Olofsson would get in. Russo tweeted he thinks it's the same lineup, just with Stalock.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Foligno took a stinger last game. He came back, but his skating wasn't right in the 3rd. Play Kunin in his place tonight, and in Cullen's (not play related, just to keep him rested) place against the Avs.

It really doesn't make much sense to call him up and then not play him.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Foligno took a stinger last game. He came back, but his skating wasn't right in the 3rd. Play Kunin in his place tonight, and in Cullen's (not play related, just to keep him rested) place against the Avs.

It really doesn't make much sense to call him up and then not play him.

I don't disagree with you, though. Arizona seems like it'd be a good game to let Kunin get his toes wet in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad