GDT: Game 64: Ottawa Senators @ Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | Can't Reaves Points On The Table

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
About the best thing that can happen when you are struggling like this is to go on the road. Play a simple game and bond as a team, they'll find their mojo soon.

Reactions: Supermassive

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Too early to talk like that. The Penguins won a cup with a horrid defense last year.

but yeah they probably should have traded for someone like Cole

There was also Tanev and Green who weren't dealt, if I'm not mistaken. Just someone to give us more options even.

I still think Tatar can settle in and be a good player for us but I'm less sure about him being a 1st+ good player for us.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
There was also Tanev and Green who weren't dealt, if I'm not mistaken. Just someone to give us more options even.

I still think Tatar can settle in and be a good player for us but I'm less sure about him being a 1st+ good player for us.

Can't really say Tanev or Green would be better over multiple games. I think Engelland is playing hurt like Sbisa and needs some time to recover. Lets hope Schmidt can draw in Sunday and get DE closer to 100%. Garrison might not be a bad idea, but I also think some of these guys are trying too hard to do too much to keep lineup spots. Having Garrison up doesn't make that any better for a guy like Hunt or Merrill who probably think they need to do more than they are capable of. Reaves thankfully toned that way down tonight and wasn't a big negative out there at least. He probably went into the first two games thinking these guys are gonna bench me if I don't show I'm a more physical player than anything they have.

Reactions: BattleBorn

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Tatar does not look like a guy worth three picks.

The defense has not been the same lately.

As sad as it is... I thought he was one of our better players.

Obviously, it's too early to assess Tatar's impact as a Knight.

That said, he was -3 last night.

Ottawa Senators vs. Vegas Golden Knights - Box Score - March 2, 2018

It has not been an auspicious beginning. We'll have, however, a better idea of his role on the team after this five game road trip.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
This is all @Nevada Jones fault.... if he were here we would have played better. :P
Thanks for making me feel even more worser. :laugh:

Couldn't post last night as I was at the game.

My expert, in-depth analysis: where is the puke emoji?

Didn't look any better in person. I showed up, but most of the VGKs didn't, even the ones that weren't hurt. Outworked, outhustled, pretty much out-everythinged.

Only thing I liked was that as I was sitting cheap seats high in the corner, I was almost right next to Conor McGahey and Eric Lacroix, who do the intermission reports on AT&T SportsNet. And I saw that during the game they just turn their chairs around and watch from their broadcast set...so I actually had slightly better seats than they did. Of course, I had to pay for mine. :laugh:

I think it's pretty clear we're missing Neal, Bellemare, Schmidt, Sbisa, et al. Except for the first line, our forward lines are a jumbled mess, as were our D-pairings last night.

And we miss Leipsic. ;)

Not an excuse, though. Should be next man up. Except I think for this team to play well all the pieces have to be in place, and they have to give max effort, which most didn't seem to last night. Also, need to be integrating Tatar and Reaves :) effectively.

Should be interesting to see what happens on the road trip. :popcorn: Still have a cushion in the division. Let us not throw it away!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad