GDT: Game 63 | Kings @ Golden Knights | 7:30 | Gentleman's Sweep Edition

Was this GDT created too late?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
How many shifts has Gallant given Reaves this third? The refs are looking for any excuse to penalize him.

Now a bench minor for complaining about the penalty. 2 men down. Ugh. When did we become the Boston Bruins?

Eakinmeter is broken

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Time to leave TMobile. Reaves just tries too hard and it leads to mistakes. Lots of bad turnovers tonight cost the team and the kings kept clogging everything up once they were up by 2. I saw that Stastny scored tonight. He's the guy I wished we got to replace Eakin.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
Reaves didn't make any mistakes tonight, the check was totally clean and what, a shove to Doughty...C'mon, Doughty has done that (and worse) constantly for both games. Then a bench minor? FFS, someone upstairs wants the Kings in the playoffs. Tatar looked good tonight, I think he plays a lot like Neal, would like to see him stay with Perron next game - provided Neal is still out.

Reactions: Pomee

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
That said, Sbisa's old habits from Vancouver are creeping in - that is a concern.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Call Pirri up and bench Reeves

Perri is a guy I wanted to get a call up and see if he could take off with the 3C job if McPhee didn't go out and get one. People in my section were excited about Reaves at the beginning of the game and by the end of it they want him gone. At least Tatar looked as fast in person as he does on tv. But I'd still like to keep him on the 3rd line if possible unless he shows a scoring touch.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Two games playing this trash... Vegas needs to play the game that made us successful and not this utter garbage of the last two games. Too many stupid unforced careless turnovers and far too many penalties. If we could fire Reaves into the sun I would be happy. Vegas needs to stop playing this so called “playoff hockey” and do what made them successful

Reactions: Pirate Deadpool

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Pirri is not a long term solution. He is a complete one trick pony... his one trick being a wicked one timer on the power play. When that isn't working for him, he doesn't contribute much.

Our lineup is going to be pretty fluid the next couple of weeks with the injuries & trying find some chemistry with the new guys. Hopefully we can get healthy before the season ends & gather some momentum for a deep run into May & June.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Pirri is not a long term solution. He is a complete one trick pony... his one trick being a wicked one timer on the power play. When that isn't working for him, he doesn't contribute much.

Our lineup is going to be pretty fluid the next couple of weeks with the injuries & trying find some chemistry with the new guys. Hopefully we can get healthy before the season ends & gather some momentum for a deep run into May & June.

It still sounds like an upgrade over Eakin. I'm still mad about McPhee. I know many people love him, but I still don't trust the guy to assess team needs and acquire the final piece(s) of the puzzle. He couldn't do it in DC and failed this season. Tatar is a good player, but I can't see him replacing Neal or Perron. He just doesn't have the hands that they have.

I still think the knights can make it to the WCF, but the Preds and Jets look too strong after their trades. But we'll see. Anything can happen in sports, but it doesn't look good especially now that the knights appear to be changing their play style to accommodate one player who should be a nacho eater on game nights.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
I think people are overreacting a little. The knights outplayed the Kings for most of the game. Bad giveaways by Sbisa, Carpenter and Engelland with shaky goaltending from Lagace was our downfall. Sure, Reaves got some reputation calls go against him, and I hope the Knights file a complaint, but Reaves never cost us the game. We know, or should know we have questionable defense and with Theodore out, it doesn't help. Once we get Bellemare or Neal back, Reaves wont see too much ice time.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Absolute worst reffed game I have seen in history. I have never seen such bs. I am at the game shaking with anger at the game with the rest of our friends at the game.
Sounds like a Kings game! Tough to get a fair shake against them.

I only caught the first, but it looked like the Kings have settled into playing the type of heavy hockey that happens in the playoffs, where they straddle the boundary of acceptable physical play, then their opponent is called on pretty much everything. The refs seem to fall into a they’re right, you’re wrong attitude too many nights.

I was hoping for some defensive reinforcements at the trade deadline. The prices must have been too high. Karlsson obviously, but vet D didn’t move. Not too many pending UFAs I guess.

At least the Knights have video of these last two games of attempting to overcome Kings hockey. Good coaching will bring adjustments and success. Sometimes you have to fail before succeeding.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
The Kings have a way of mucking games down to win, which is 'playoff hockey', so I'm not panicking yet.
While I agree that two games isn't enough to evaluate a players' effect on a lineup, I've seen enough of Reaves. With the injuries and new faces, this team has got a chemistry issue. Throwing a guy who brings attention from refs isn't going to help on either side of the ice. I shudder to agree with Pirate on this point- he should be upstairs eating nachos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad