GDT: Game 6: Coyotes @ Stars - 5:30 PM - FSAZ - 10/17/17

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I've read people in this thread ****ting on Duclair. Don't get it. IMO he has been one of our best forwards in the start of this season along with Keller.

And I didn't think I'd say this but I really thought Rinaldo actually brought some value to the game tonight, at least more so than Cousins or Kempe.
People were shitting on duke in this thread? (not doubting you, just expressing my shock) He generated a ton of chances tonight, and was one of our better forwards. He also had a nice hit early in the game.

I agree about Rinaldo, I was very worried, but he looked like a competent 4th liner who also threw some hits. As long as he can remain in control and not go full suspension mode, and not take penalties he's ok. I think ideally him and Kempe are in the ahl though.
I'd ride the hot one and don't stop until he cools off.
That's how I'd play goalies in general.

Reactions: _Del_ and Sthlmyote

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Not good enough, but better.

Question - Did the coaching staff blow it by not challenging their first goal as goaltender interference?

Last edited:

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Thought Hill looked great....

Liked Rinaldo, smashed over Hanzal a couple of times..

I think Crouse is going to be one awesome player down the road and end up beng one of my favorites

Sucked we lost again.. But we are geting close..

Good news is if this was the end of the year, we can tank and still look competitive .

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yikes, that replay of the goal wasn't pretty. Dvorak literally just staring at the loose puck right in front of him and he did nothing.

As someone mentioned, please tell Dvorak the season has started.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Not good enough, but better.

Question - Did the coaching staff blow it by not challenging their first goal as goaltender interference?
Maybe, I think it was definitely interference but it's hard to say what what the refs would've done since the review system at times seems to involve coin flips.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
WTF playing Cousins and Rinaldo over Perlini ? No wonder why we have trouble scoring goals and Duclair can't score to save his life. I wouldn't mind trading him right now if he still has value on the market.
Perlini is injured.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We’re so accustomed to this bull**** team playing these games. We’ve been the laughing stock for over a decade aside from one good lucky run.

When is enough not acceptable anymore. When is winning going to be coustomery? Thes “step in the right direction” “we looked better than the Anaheim game” post don’t mean dick. 90% of this team that’s being iced have played in this league, all have won games, they know what it takes to be successful. Blame the system, blame the coaching staff, owner ship etc. it’s up to the men playing the game to be an impact.

We cant ****ing deliver 1 win in 6 games?

Not sure about you all, but holy **** am I tired of losing. I was very high on this team after the moves that were made this off season, by far the most competitive team we’ve assembled in years, yet we come out and get dummied. 0-5-1 2 against a team that’s never played a game together. ****ing atrocious.

That is what I have been saying since the season started. Not it has snow balled and it gets harder to stop. We are starting to head in the right direction finally. I thought OEL played great and started to show some emotion.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Muppet did you watch the game? Stepan was our best player tonight. He is playing with a 20 year old teenager and a very under whelming Duclair. What was slow about his game. He recorded 7 of the 28 shots on net tonight. he was 63% in the face off circle? He is coming off a team with nothing but veterans. The guy has never missed the playoffs in 7 seasons. I'm sure the guy is in shock playing with these young kids. He is now playing with 11 players that have played less than 10 games in the NHL. Let's cut the guy some slack.

I thought Duclair has looked much better the last couple of games. Anyway you look at it, Stepan has been a disappointment this year, but he has plenty of company.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I am really just hoping something (a win) can go right for this team just so they know what it feels like to have a sliver of success. After several blown leads in the late 2nd and 3rd....couple blowouts, and overall some pretty unlucky (some created by themselves) play, just need something to work out and let the pressure off.

I've seen them play worse and still get lucky with a win. Right now, they are operating on the thinnest margin of error I have ever seen. It feels like every mistake does end up in the back of the net and they can't get a break when they do get chances to score (aka Duke missing that open net or Stepan hitting the post, for example). Part of the problem is goaltending, but some of it is just not lucky with the shooting %. Hopefully there is some justice in the numbers and it swings the other way and this team wins some games it didn't quite deserve to win soon. Hell, I'd take the games they DO deserve to win too. It's the Yotes so we can never count on good luck, but I can always dream about it lol.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I know that one of the things that Tocchet worked very hard with the team on was breakouts and transition of the puck from defense to offense, but it almost seems like we spent too much time emphasizing that, and have used a little less time on play in the offensive zone. I don't know if this was by plan or design, but it seems like our main point of emphasis on offense is to get the puck into the zone effectively, but then we don't really have that battle plan figured out once in the zone.

Maybe I am completely wrong here, but we look discombobulated once we establish some form of possession on our offensive end and while we are getting some chances, we wind up without a lot of sustained pressure.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Losing sucks. I thought the team would score a bunch at least. Where is Dvorak? I had him along with Domi as 2 of the break out players this year. :(

ps Domi is almost ppg so he is doing his job. Dvorak has been a huge disappointment so far. As has OEL.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Dvorak should honestly be sent the the AHL but we don't have any depth to cover. I wish we signed Burmistrov. We need to put a claim in for the next halfway passable center that hits waivers.

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Dvorak should honestly be sent the the AHL but we don't have any depth to cover. I wish we signed Burmistrov. We need to put a claim in for the next halfway passable center that hits waivers.

I hate to say it but I agree. We're the opposite of what we used to be. We're becoming the second coming of the pre-McDavid Oilers.

There has to be a happy medium between the two extremes.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
The team to me just looks raw. Talented, fast, but unrefined. By February they will start to get it together and play up to 12th place. Next year will be better if they just hold true with the signings and hires they have made.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Dvo needs to get his head out of his ass. He goes to work in front of the net, but that's it. I don't get it.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA

I agree as well. We may not have the depth to cover the position, but we could bring Strome up for a 5-10 games and give him 2nd line linemates:
Domi - Stepan - Duclair
Crouse - Strome - Keller
Rieder - Richardson - Fischer
Martinook - Cousins - Rinaldo
Kempe​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->