Methot - Klingberg
Lindell - Honka
Hamhuis - Johns

Bishop

Notes and Such:

Last edited:

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Dressing Rinaldo should solve literally any of this team's problems.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Seriously, though, if you guys think "only winless team in the league" feels bad, wait until you get a load of "only winless team in the league, with a promising rookie in traction."

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
It's scientifically proven (not) that the more consecutive losses, the odds of winning increase.

And that kids, is why people play the lottery.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I'm still mad he was offered a contract in the first place.

I'm also mad that after like two years of reading folks insist that Dave Tippett was the dam holding back the Coyotes' great flood of talent, that literally any coach would be an improvement, we are dead last through five games. I'm mad that the Coyotes were gifted about the easiest schedule they could have to start the year, that Chayka has imbued the roster with more talent than it has had in a while, and Tocchet has gotten them off to a start worse than any Tippett had, worse than any Gretzky had, worse than any coach in the history of the team has had.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We were 2-6-0 last October. They were 3-11-2 in December. I guess I'm not seeing the huge step back you are.

Leafs only had two wins last October and managed 38 more over the other months because they actually used the beginning of the season to give young players a chance to adjust. We seem to be doing that, too.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I will be there. Excited to see Keller, for certain.

Just give me 60 good minutes of skating and staying with assignments. Not concerned with a win or a loss - just keep their heads about them through all 60 (+5??) minutes.

Reactions: 0point1 and doaner

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm only interested in one sign of progression; if we can go the entire game without a no look pass/no look clear that goes straight onto an opposing player's stick, I'll fee like we won a championship.

Reactions: CC96 and Yandover

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I'll be happy if Keller keeps doing his thing, if the team happens not be complete shit, well that's just a bonus.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm still mad he was offered a contract in the first place.

I'm also mad that after like two years of reading folks insist that Dave Tippett was the dam holding back the Coyotes' great flood of talent, that literally any coach would be an improvement, we are dead last through five games. I'm mad that the Coyotes were gifted about the easiest schedule they could have to start the year, that Chayka has imbued the roster with more talent than it has had in a while, and Tocchet has gotten them off to a start worse than any Tippett had, worse than any Gretzky had, worse than any coach in the history of the team has had.

It's not that we are losing. It's the very poor quality of play on the ice. The mistakes that I see don't point to youth and inexperience, they point to poor coaching. I accept that it was time for Tippett to go, that he had outstayed his welcome, but instead of an experienced coach with a more open style, Barraway and Chayka picked this putz. Of course he is embarrassed for the team's play. Of course its his fault. He's not lying, but he can't hide behind an awkward apology either.

Reactions: cobra427

rt

May 13, 2004
This board is incredible. Tippett got five years of failure and people will fight to the death for him. Those exact handful of guys are willing to run Tocchet out of town on a rail after five games. Five years of failure is fine if you're Dave Tippett. Five games of failure is completely unacceptable if you're literally anyone else.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
This board is incredible. Tippett got five years of failure and people will fight to the death for him. Those exact handful of guys are willing to run Tocchet out of town on a rail after five games. Five years of failure is fine if you're Dave Tippett. Five games of failure is completely unacceptable if you're literally anyone else.

You know better than that. Tocchet shows no ability to coach a team. His players are playing pond hockey. It's as I said before: It's not that we're losing, it's how we are playing.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It's not that we are losing. It's the very poor quality of play on the ice. The mistakes that I see don't point to youth and inexperience, they point to poor coaching. I accept that it was time for Tippett to go, that he had outstayed his welcome, but instead of an experienced coach with a more open style, Barraway and Chayka picked this putz. Of course he is embarrassed for the team's play. Of course its his fault. He's not lying, but he can't hide behind an awkward apology either.

It's still early. Tocc should get the benefit of the doubt for now. With a 1C/2D/4D all acquired in the off season and all the young talented forwards, expectations were much higher. The team has never had this much talent and looked so bad at the same time. I always thought Tip was a good coach and got the most out of his players (most years). Tocc is essentially an inexperienced head coach but he deserves some time to figure it out. I thought going into the season that Tocc replacing Tip wouldn't be a giant uptick, was hoping I was wrong, and still do actually. Patience is the key now.

Reactions: kbay

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Veteran coach, WCF run, 3 years in a row playoffs, got the most out of his crappy roster players, well respected around the NHL. Tocc deserves more time than 5 games and probably the entire season, agree with you there:)

rt

May 13, 2004
Veteran coach, WCF run, 3 years in a row playoffs, got the most out of his crappy roster players, well respected around the NHL. Tocc deserves more time than 5 games and probably the entire season, agree with you there:)
Just kinda have to scrub out the half decade of miserable failure that sits between today and all of those great things you referenced, right? Tocchet's list of desirable accomplishments is just a tad more recent, wouldn't you say?

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I just picked up some Stars players and released Domi in my fantasy team. If that's not gonna help us get a win tonight I don't know what will.

You're going all out! I like it haha.

I am excited again. Won't be able to see all of it, unfortunately... but my baseless prediction is that tonight we break the streak. Some of the Yotes will look like Stars! ha

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->