Morrissey-Trouba
Enstrom-Byfuglien
Poolman-Myers

Mason
Hellebuyck

Injured
Hendricks, Kulikov, Lowry, Perreault

Evergreen

Poor Foligno stuck at C with Calvert and Bjorkstrand on his wings. Jenner can't return soon enough.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Poor Foligno stuck at C with Calvert and Bjorkstrand on his wings. Jenner can't return soon enough.

New players in the lineup plus returning players like Bjork who've not established linemates in the past plus players in new positions equals the lines are gonna be a WIP for a while, even once Jenner gets back.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Went to see how Panarin did against Peg with Chicago last year, didn't know Chi lost 4 of 5 meetings with them, wow. He had 2g2a in 5 games.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I hope we cream those punks..........especially Mason.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Forgot that Mase was in Winnipeg - never know what you're going to get with him. Is it me, or has Dubi been totally invisible thus far?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Panarin gets his first one timer tonight. He was so close the last few games. Tonight he buries on from the top of the circle or just below

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio

I'm a little surprised, but I would guess this means Bob will start the next 4 home games and Korpi will play in St Louis.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Side note - Jenner skated this morning with Harrington and Hannikainen, which is good news. Maybe he'll be back in the lineup this weekend?

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
LetsGOJACKETS!!!! predicting a 4-2 win, ZW, CAM, Breadman and Wenny all get on the board. Savard with at least 2 assists..love his aggressive play as of late,

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
A Jets fan here. I thought about giving you guys some briefing about how the Jets have performed and what to look forward to in tonight's game.

First off - Mason gets the start (this was kind of obvious, with Hellebuyck playing the last three and Columbus being the opponent). He's currently way below .850. Have fun, folks. That is if he doesn't want to prove himself too much and become a god.

The defense, outside of the first two games which we do not talk about, has been stellar. As of tonight, the pairings will likely be...

Morrissey-Trouba
Enstrom-Byfuglien
Poolman-Myers

I'd imagine that Morrissey and Trouba will be matched up against Panarin-Wennberg-Atkinson as much as possible - they have been the shutdown pairing since the end of last year, and have often been used against the top lines. Kulikov's missing from the lineup due to an injury he picked up last game. Poolman is an adequate replacement for him, even with his minimal NHL experience.

Forwards:

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Laine
Matthias-Copp-Tanev
*an assortment of pure mediocrity which you won't see for more than 7 minutes anyway* or Dano-Petan-Armia

We're missing Perreault and Lowry, which makes an already awful bottom six even worse. As far as matchups go, Maurice has the habit of using the third line as the shutdown line, but we've also seen the first line in that role this year. With Lowry and Armia not on the third line, it may be the latter that has to cope with your over-talented first line. Ehlers is in an amazing form, which probably hasn't gone unnoticed in Columbus, so you can expect his line being taken care of by your team.

Another thing to look at - the way Maurice has stubbornly refused to spread the talent and minutes across the lineup has come with a bad consequence - the Jets have been exhausted in the third period. That's something to pay attention to: if the game is close in the third, it could very well be your more evenly deployed lineup that makes the difference.

I really don't know much about Columbus to make any other comments, so I'm just going to leave it at that and wish y'all a good game.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Another thing to look at - the way Maurice has stubbornly refused to spread the talent and minutes across the lineup has come with a bad consequence - the Jets have been exhausted in the third period. That's something to pay attention to: if the game is close in the third, it could very well be your more evenly deployed lineup that makes the difference.
Given that this team is kind of known as a "third period team", that suggests that period 3 could be very very fun for us and very very frustrating for the Jets. But we'll see.

Thanks for the update!

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
A Jets fan here. ..........

I really don't know much about Columbus to make any other comments, so I'm just going to leave it at that and wish y'all a good game.

Last year it started, and this year it continued. Training Camp was not Camp Tortorella - it was Camp Torture-ella. But because the CBJ were such a great 3rd period team last year, everybody has bought in. I can't remember exactly, but the team was like 35-1-1 when tied or leading after 2 periods last year. The bag skates paid off BIGLY. The guys talked about how much better they felt in the 3rd periods, during OT's and especially back-to-backs.

Just by way of example, Tortorella had all 60 some camp invitees on day one run 2 miles with the "passing grade" being 12 minutes. Last year 2 guys beat the mark. He had sent them a letter and told them what was coming. This year same distance and same time goal. 8 guys beat the mark.

If the Jets are gassed after 2 periods, they better have a 3 goal lead.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Last year it started, and this year it continued. Training Camp was not Camp Tortorella - it was Camp Torture-ella. But because the CBJ were such a great 3rd period team last year, everybody has bought in. I can't remember exactly, but the team was like 35-1-1 when tied or leading after 2 periods last year. The bag skates paid off BIGLY. The guys talked about how much better they felt in the 3rd periods, during OT's and especially back-to-backs.

Just by way of example, Tortorella had all 60 some camp invitees on day one run 2 miles with the "passing grade" being 12 minutes. Last year 2 guys beat the mark. He had sent them a letter and told them what was coming. This year same distance and same time goal. 8 guys beat the mark.

If the Jets are gassed after 2 periods, they better have a 3 goal lead.
Sounds like a very pleasant experience. Then again, I think it's fair to expect that your players can endure the whole sixty minutes of play, barring an absurdly bad usage.

The thing is, the Jets were a great third period team too. We were near the top in goal differential in the third, even with all our injuries and horrific goaltending. The players have it in them to perform similarly, but when your first line is out there on the ice every second shift and the fourth line is both useless and benched, when there is a scenario in which it would be neither of those, I think something's going very badly wrong.

I agree though - I haven't felt safe with any kind of lead we've had so far this year. If it doesn't come down to goaltending, something needs to change, or this one's going to be ugly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad