GDT: Game 6: Avs @ Stars | Sat 10/14/17 6pm MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Avs iced bunch of tired guys. Stars were clearly the better team for the first ~35 minutes and after that it was pretty even.

Z didn't have himself a good game. I still wish Rantanen and MacK would pick it up. Was glad to see Rants go get some shots to the net, maybe he will stop fumbling the puck soon.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I expected this loss and don't have a problem with it. The game against the Ducks was demanding, then our boys had to travel to Dallas and face a well rested, strong and smart team. It was easy to see how tired and banged up the Avs were. MacKinnon gets a pass because of what happened to him a night earlier anyway. 4 wins in 6 games played within 10 days, that's good.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I might be in the minority, but I don't like Zadorov fighting one bit. Him challenging McQuaid was dumb beyond belief, motivation aside, and Benn is a great fighter as well. Z should focus on playing the game, rather than sitting for 5 in the box.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I might be in the minority, but I don't like Zadorov fighting one bit. Him challenging McQuaid was dumb beyond belief, motivation aside, and Benn is a great fighter as well. Z should focus on playing the game, rather than sitting for 5 in the box.

I'm with you on that. I'm always worried that he'll injure his hand or face and we'd lose him for an extended period of time. We really can't afford any injuries to our top defenders.

Really happy with Varly though. He's played above my expectations so far.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Hopefully he's alright. He's been great for us and seems to really go well with Barrie. The 3rd period was a much stronger period from the Avs compared to the first two in this game.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Watched only the first two periods and the Avs looked terrible, yeah the stars were rested but still bad is bad. Its been a pretty polarizing start to the season so far, 3 games where the Avs have looked great and 3 where the other team has skated circles around them.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Just ventured over to the Stars board to see what their fans are saying about the game and there's just one guy posting basically talking to himself.

HFStars made a separate board after global (Vancouver fan) moderators went on a banning spree and kicked all of our mods and a good chunk of HFStars after a Benn-Seguin comment about the Sedins drama story unfolded.

It's a long story, but that's why HFStars died.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
HFStars made a separate board after global (Vancouver fan) moderators went on a banning spree and kicked all of our mods and a good chunk of HFStars after a Benn-Seguin comment about the Sedins drama story unfolded.

Thanks man. It's hard to get this kind of information around here because mods simply don't let people talk about it. People just have to accept that the Stars board is empty and live with it without asking any question.

I actually had to Google the Benn & Seguin vs Sedins thing.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yeah I have no idea what this Benn/Seguin vs Sedins is.

Some mods definitely go on a power trip though, like the bitter cop inhaling darts.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

That's sad. You're welcome to any GDT's over here you want to join.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
That's sad. You're welcome to any GDT's over here you want to join.
That's pathetic. I never understood boards banning people for anything besides harassment. It's an open internet, people can learn how to defend themselves and enjoy the chance to socialize with likeminded individuals. Banning someone just isolates then and hurts your platform.

Meh. Soapbox over.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah I have no idea what this Benn/Seguin vs Sedins is.

Some mods definitely go on a power trip though, like the bitter cop inhaling darts.
No clue about the story either, which seems like a stupid way to lose people on this site.

It's normally some of the new mods who go on the power trip, there are a ton of good ones here.

Next game VS the Stars we should all go to their board and have the GDT.
We should totally do this like we did with the Flames fans a couple years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad