GDT: Game 58 | Blueger? ... Blueger? ... Blueger? | Pens vs Sens | 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
And congratulations to the Pittsburgh Penguins. In 19:15 of ES playing time that period, the Pens managed 3 shots on goal . . . the Letang shot on net early, Malkin's horrid angle shot that looked like it hit the post first, and the Maatta shot the same shift.

Maybe 4 ES shots next period? Maybe 1 that is mildly threatening?
Hey hey hey, 4 ES shots in the second and 5 ES shots in the third would be
IMAGE.jpg

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Jake-Sid-Sprong
HGH
Simon-Brassard-Kessel
Kuhn-Sheahan-Rust

You'd have to include Sheary in a Brassard deal imo.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Early in the year?

Wilson - Malkin - Kessel / Hags - Bonino - Hornqvist was like our second and third line throughout the playoffs last year?

Wilson was with them for the Sens series. Hornqvist was with Sid against Washington and injured against Ottawa. Hags got limited minutes because of a LBI and Hornqvist in the final was on the 4th line mainly due to a broken hand. Bonino missed most of the final too with a broken leg.

Not really throughout wouldn’t you say

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Early in the year?

Wilson - Malkin - Kessel / Hags - Bonino - Hornqvist was like our second and third line throughout the playoffs last year?

HMK was early in the year.

And, who cares about what happened last year. If what happened the previous year mattered, then HBK would've worked last year. It didn't.

HGH > HMK, and it's not even close.

It's the better possession line.

It's a better defensive line.

'Shoot first Malkin' + Horny doing work that allows Malkin to play to his strengths > 'Defer Malkin + Phil forcing Geno to do the lion's share of the dirty work.

You want to sprinkle in Phil for some random shifts like they did in January, then fine.

BUT, this year, the team's best line was HGH AINEC.

Only someone who thinks hockey lines are constructed in video games would think otherwise.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
When you find a line that Hagelin actually works with, you stick with it until it stops working.

When you find a line that gives you God mode, shoot first mentality Geno, you stick with it until it stops working. Which is why, despite my historical objection to Geno with Horny, even I know HGH is a must when Horny is back.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Wilson was with them for the Sens series. Hornqvist was with Sid against Washington and injured against Ottawa. Hags got limited minutes because of a LBI and Hornqvist in the final was on the 4th line mainly due to a broken hand. Bonino missed most of the final too with a broken leg.

Not really throughout wouldn’t you say

I’m pretty sure Rust was with Crosby for the majority of the Washington series.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I’m pretty sure Rust was with Crosby for the majority of the Washington series.

I’m 100% that Hornqvist was there. That’s where I wanted him from day 1 in the playoffs. Was annoyed Sully didn’t move him there earlier.

Rust was with Sid mainly in the last 2 rounds

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Yep, if we can jettison Sheary and Hunwick the cap works fine. Please Lord let this happen....

Huneick, absolutely. We can't launch him into the sun long enough.

Sheary I'm torn on. He's having a meh season and for his cap hit, it's not enough. But he was better last year so he could turn it around. Would I scorch the earth if he was moved? No. But I wouldn't be all smiles either.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I’m 100% that Hornqvist was there. That’s where I wanted him from day 1 in the playoffs. Was annoyed Sully didn’t move him there earlier.

Rust was with Sid mainly in the last 2 rounds

You are correct. Sid and the kids got exposed against Columbus, so by the end of that series, Horny was on Sid's RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad