GDT: Game 58 | Blueger? ... Blueger? ... Blueger? | Pens vs Sens | 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It's like asking people to pronounce his name differently took everything out of him. Seriously ... why not just correct people from the start?

He's needs to go back to the other pronunciation. This one's a dud.

Needs a strong guy on the RW.

I imagine that's part of it, but he looked very good offensively with Guentzel last year. This year his offensive IQ seems to have regressed. Possession ends with him an awful lot.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
God, Brassard with Sheary and Rust as our third line is a wet dream.

giphy.gif

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I don't understand why they're so scared to start with some trio from Sid, Simon, Sheary and Jake.
Like, just pick 2 wingers and let them buzz.
They may get scored on but they have better potential to tilt ice and produce.
Rust isn't this 200ft wizard either thats tilting the ice for the line.
Just MOVE Rust DOWN the damn LINEUP!

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I want Kessel with Sid, but I don’t really mind him playing with Malkin.

You seem to always forget them playing HMK / Wilson - Malkin- Kessel on their way to a cup last year.

Does Sid want Kessel? Probably not. Seems he has a lot of influence on his linemates.

It’s a moot point because the three headed monster will be spread out.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I want Kessel with Sid, but I don’t really mind him playing with Malkin.

You seem to always forget them playing HMK on their way to a cup last year.

No, I remember it. But, it was EARLY in the year. For the rest of the year, they desperately tried to find a LW who worked, and one never did for more than a few games.

And, I remember HBK the year before.

You seem to always think lines are constructed in video games.

HGH is this year's version of HBK. But, the video game crowd wants to break it up, no matter how pedestrian the HMK combo looks.

EDIT: I honestly have no clue how anyone can have watched the month of HGH and the last week and a half of HMK and think HMK is the better idea. It defies credulity.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
He's needs to go back to the other pronunciation. This one's a dud.

I imagine that's part of it, but he looked very good offensively with Guentzel last year. This year his offensive IQ seems to have regressed. Possession ends with him an awful lot.

Yeah, but Guentzel-Sheary didn’t sustain that play for a terribly long time. Kind of HBKesque.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
No, I remember it. But, it was EARLY in the year. For the rest of the year, they desperately tried to find a LW who worked, and one never did for more than a few games.

HGH is this year's version of HBK. But, the video game crowd wants to break it up, no matter how pedestrian the HMK combo looks.

Early in the year?

Wilson - Malkin - Kessel / Hags - Bonino - Hornqvist was like our second and third line throughout the playoffs last year?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Pens have talked regarding Brassard but apparently its not a fit, pierre mentions salary

Letestu is also a no go along with Plekanec
If we move Sheary for Brassard we can make it work with the cap. Kirk came up with a formula that could make it work for both teams.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania

EDIT: I honestly have no clue how anyone can have watched the month of HGH and the last week and a half of HMK and think HMK is the better idea. It defies credulity.

When you find a line that Hagelin actually works with, you stick with it until it stops working.

Reactions: KIRK

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Summarize for those who don't have the feed. Thanks.
It may have been aired earlier. Lebrun says conversation around Brassard, cap hit is tough, mentioned Cullen. Nothing new other than saying the was a conversation around Brassard.

Reactions: KIRK

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Summarize for those who don't have the feed. Thanks.
Earlier today he mentioned that Ottawa believes they have the top centre in Brassard and the top winger in Hofman on the market and they will be trying to get the most for them. The mention of the Penguins was about pleks, Testube and Brassard. First couple that they aren't really a great fit and that Brassard doesn't quite work cap wise.

Jeff O'neal had a segment where he mentions that the Pens could look to add a top line winger to go with Crosby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->