GDT: Game 51: Vegas Golden Knights @ Minnesota Wild | 5:00PM | Can we play good?

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Sucks it wasn't more competitive, but hard to win a back to back on the road after an overtime the night before. Hopefully they bounce back next game.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The way this team has played the last two games, you could tell that this type of game was just waiting to happen. Back to back, playing the backup and playing against a team that is currently fighting for a playoff spot. Need to get back to what made them successful this season. Seems like they have slowed down quite a bit the last couple of games.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Wild fan here. Don't blame the guys. They were facing a well rested team, that is fighting for a playoffs spot and playing in home where they've been consistently great for years now.

Instead blame the NHL for creating these atrocious match ups, where a team has 3 games in 4 days, all on road. A back-to-back road games against the Jets and the Wild were recipe for something we all just witnessed tonight. There's no way for even professional athletes to recover their legs traveling and playing like that.

I personally, obviously was happy to see my team play like they did; with killer instinct and not really giving anything to a team that had little left anyways. But still, I would much, much, MUCH rather see even match ups all year, instead of these. And I know every team gets both the benefit and the short end of these stupid back-to-back road games. I just hate it. It feels that we as fans are underestimated to a point where we need this kind of tinkering to give home teams an unfair and uncalled advantage. /end of rant

ps. I love how guys like Haula and Tuch have blossomed. Especially Haula, who I thought wasn't that big of a deal to lose and I couldn't have been more wrong. I'm pretty sure Tuch will pan out as well and become a consistent +30, maybe even 35-40 goal scorer in the future to really rub the salt in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad