Pre-Game Talk: Game 5. Get Psyched! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I say what I say here in the very fondest hope that I am absolutely wrong....but I know in my gut that I am not. Not psyched at all. The season will end tonight.

Very simply, the players counted on to be the best this team has, have not shown up. I have little faith that they have any capability to do so. It's very black and white.

The most obvious thing is that the Nash trade was a disaster. It's just that simple. Devastating.

This is not a capable NHL playoff team at this point. The New York Rangers are not a difficult team to play against. A paper tiger pure and simple.

The organization as a whole should be completely re evaluated from top to bottom.

My condolences to MSL. It's a terrible thing to lose your mother. This will sound terrible, but it's absolutely par for the course. Sorry, but I had to say that.

Agreed on all points aside from the tragedy of the last line.

That aside... You are spot on.

The big time players on this team have been mediocre or just plain crap for whatever reason... Injury, mental weakness, exhaustion or just plain suckage (Nash).

There's not a lot other than that to say. There's no trade to be made. There's no young gun who we can hope comes of age and contributes. There's no savior.

This is your team.

-lone person clapping slowly-

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
The Rangers need to look at each other in the dressing and tell each other they'll battle for that extra inch for each other. Not a hockey speech but...

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Agreed on all points aside from the tragedy of the last line.

That aside... You are spot on.

The big time players on this team have been mediocre or just plain crap for whatever reason... Injury, mental weakness, exhaustion or just plain suckage (Nash).

There's not a lot other than that to say. There's no trade to be made. There's no young gun who we can hope comes of age and contributes. There's no savior.

This is your team.

-lone person clapping slowly-

The New York Rangers are capable only of bringing out the pessimist in anyone.

gardenparty

Oct 21, 2011
In the words of Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross, "it's **** or walk. You close or you hit the bricks."

Time for this group to sack up and take this one. Back to the Garden for Game 6.

LGR!!!

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Past 27 playoff games don't matter. Only this one does.

This is the biggest game of Nash's career. AV knows. We know. Nash knows it.

And he better ****ing act on it

Wolfy*

:cry:

My dear friends, I'm afraid it's all over. Our ship is sinking.

This could be the last game of the season, we have to win the remaining 3 to win the series.

Have to be realistic, but we've seen miracles before...

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Past 27 playoff games don't matter. Only this one does.

This is the biggest game of Nash's career.
AV knows. We know. Nash knows it.

And he better ****ing act on it

Which is why he will be invisible. Again.

For the life of me, when I listed the reasons why we should not trade for him people here mostly said I was crazy. It was as obvious as the sun coming up in the morning that Rick Nash would NEVER carry the New York Rangers or be a player to be counted on in the playoffs.

If you listen to an interview he did on the BSU not long ago, he as much admitted that he did not feel confident about being a good fit in New York.

He has failed even beneath the low expectations I had for him.

A terrible, terrible trade. Maybe one of the worst in franchise history.

For those of you who do not miss Dubi's inconsistency, how do you like the appalling consistency for failure that Rick Nash brings?

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I'm trying to think up the worst possible situation, as per usual.

Losing tonight would be too easy. Shutout? Meh, that would be quick and painless. How about, we score 3 consecutive PP goals, then let in 4 shorthanded breakaways and lose 4-3.

Or we win tonight, shutout by Hank, go back to NY and get shutout and lose. Yeah, that would stink.

If they lose the series, I hope its tonight. Does that make me a bad Rangers fan Raspewtin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad