GDT: Game 5 | Columbus at Minnesota | 10/14 8PM

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
PP looked like poo, but it's nice to see this team win one for Bob as opposed to Bob winning one for the team as it usually is.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Always happy to see a win, but was surprised to see 5 forwards logging less than 12 minutes.....Not surprised to see them hide Harrington on D, also with under 12 minutes.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
yes, kudos for not quitting, but the PP needs a makeover, and Heinnakenin back in for Dalpe, brings more energy and was playing well on second penalty kill unit

#CBJ

I disagree with the Hannikainen part. I honestly thought Dalpe thrived in a fourth line role against the Rangers. He’s looked pretty good to me. He has done nothing that would make him lose ice time.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I disagree with the Hannikainen part. I honestly thought Dalpe thrived in a fourth line role against the Rangers. He’s looked pretty good to me. He has done nothing that would make him lose ice time.

He's done nothing but take a bad penalty and be -3 so far. I want to see Schroeder.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Was glad to see the Jackets pull that out last night. These guys aren't getting down on themselves when things don't go right.

Four points on the back to back, nice.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I was genuinely impressed with the persistence we got last night. Until we actually scored the tying goal, I never thought we had a chance to win. It just seemed like one of those games. Scratching out two points was impressive.

Johnny Jacket

Jun 17, 2014
Maybe now some posters will get off Butter's back with his game winning goal and assist!!!
Point per game, plus 5 after 5.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
The team is definitely persistent and resilient. I question why it was such a struggle against a Wild team missing so many weapons and a Rangers team that is clearly struggling. I know I could be suffering from familiarity bias that makes teams I know look worse than they are, but does this team look offensively challenged?

The Anderson goal looked like a lucky bounce off of a stick and the winning Wennberg goal was a really lucky bounce.
The Seth Jones goal that tied the Rangers game was a really lucky bounce off Zibenejad.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
The team is definitely persistent and resilient. I question why it was such a struggle against a Wild team missing so many weapons and a Rangers team that is clearly struggling. I know I could be suffering from familiarity bias that makes teams I know look worse than they are, but does this team look offensively challenged?

The Anderson goal looked like a lucky bounce off of a stick and the winning Wennberg goal was a really lucky bounce.
The Seth Jones goal that tied the Rangers game was a really lucky bounce off Zibenejad.

Luck is always on a winning side...

Reactions: CPTN71

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Always happy to see a win, but was surprised to see 5 forwards logging less than 12 minutes.....Not surprised to see them hide Harrington on D, also with under 12 minutes.
And people are okay with him basically having a full time spot.

He's serviceable, but I don't think he's more than an 7/8 on a contending team.

The past few games havent been exactly what you want to see, but what they've done is something that the best teams do. Ugly games, but some how manage to pull it together, stay calm and find a way to win the game.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA

I think this team is going to struggle to produce goals at times, we have a very young team and are relying on guys like Cam Wenny Panarin Milano Foligno and Bjork. You cant expect anything from Dubinsky and anything else is a bonus. The defense will need to help us out a lot like it did last night. We need big years from Wennberg and Bjorkstrand, two relative unknowns solely because it could be difficult for them to put up the numbers we need. I dont think anyone can really predict what they will do this year. Hopefully the young guys can continue to produce.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

And what about that lucky redirect goal for the Wild? Luck goes both ways.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I think this team is going to struggle to produce goals at times, we have a very young team and are relying on guys like Cam Wenny Panarin Milano Foligno and Bjork. You cant expect anything from Dubinsky and anything else is a bonus. The defense will need to help us out a lot like it did last night. We need big years from Wennberg and Bjorkstrand, two relative unknowns solely because it could be difficult for them to put up the numbers we need. I dont think anyone can really predict what they will do this year. Hopefully the young guys can continue to produce.
Boy, I don't think so at all. Once Torts gets the optimal lines figured out and the team really learns to play together with all their new parts, they're going to be dangerous on offense most nights.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I tend to agree with Cannoli and Gagne here. This team has never had what I consi9dered a good offensive flow. When I watch teams like the Hawks,Caps, Pens I see an offensive approach that looks entirely different from the Jackets'. We throw it in, back check and play from behind the goal line. Many of our goals are of the greasy variety.

Not that there is anything wrong with that its just that many of those goals depend on the right bounce or deflection whereas the teams I mentioned above seem to be able to work the puck into a good shot through sharp passing and good skating. I don't see that very often with the Jackets.

Good D, strong goaltending, toughness and greasy goals will be the key to a successful season.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Basically every offensive line is different from last year, no one played together.

That first Werenski goal wasn't greasy at all.
Btw rewatch latest game Pens vs Caps highlights, Pens scored 3 PP goals for the win, 2 of them were greasy scramble goals in front of Holtby, and 1 Orpik Slow motion.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Boy, I don't think so at all. Once Torts gets the optimal lines figured out and the team really learns to play together with all their new parts, they're going to be dangerous on offense most nights.
I think we are starting to see some positive things, especially from Milano and Panarin but some other players have not shown much to suggest they will suddenly start scoring left and right. Once again it is early

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Was able to catch the game on TV..
Scott Harrington- Not very impressive. David Savard- struggled mightily at first, but certainly helped pick it up. Ryan Murray- Dang, he looks good this year. Playing solid defensively, and jumping into the offensive zone. Different player.

Our power-play is horrible. Starts with having Wennberg at the Face-off dot, then we just have to immediately clear the zone. Slow it down, wait for Wennberg/Panarin to come back so we can drop pass it. A couple slow/predictable passes on the outside. Not sure how Dubois missed the net by so dang much on the open-net redirected shot off the goalie.

Panarin- What an offensive play-maker presence

Milano was mostly invisible this game. Didn't notice much from Oliver Bjorkstrand other than the assist. I'm hoping he's just a slow starter, but maybe there's more to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad