Bjork -4
Debrusk -4
Kejci -4
McAvoy -3

So, as usual, Chara plays the toughest minutes and has the best +/-

Third pair Krug/McQuaid with worst +/-

2nd line worst among forwards

Horrible, useless Nash one of only 5 plus players

And yet if you watch the games, you see how poorly he's played, especially for himself.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Plus/minus leaders after first 5 games:

Chara +5
Carlo +3
Marchand +1
Heinen +1
Nash +1

Bottom:

Krug -5
McQuaid -4
Bjork -4
Debrusk -4
Kejci -4
McAvoy -3

So, as usual, Chara plays the toughest minutes and has the best +/-

Third pair Krug/McQuaid with worst +/-

2nd line worst among forwards

Horrible, useless Nash one of only 5 plus players
Yeah Nash is a good defensive player,get that but don't want him on the first line or,PP that's all anyone is saying.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I didn’t like the puck at the time, I wanted a defenseman. When you spend a first on anyone, I expect them to get more than two games to prove themselves.

At the time the Bruins had just won the Cup with a 37 year-old netminder. If ever there was a time to take a shot at a goalie with a late first round pick it was then.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Ordinarily I would find the Vegas tweet mere ribbing between cities, albeit ill-advised in the modern culture.

After seeing how the Bruins' lines performed in the game, every woman should be highly offended and filled with righteous indignation at such an insult.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
And yet if you watch the games, you see how poorly he's played, especially for himself.

My grandmother went to cuba... when she returned she went on and on about how the children had shoes

I promise you i never would have bothered to look whether the kids had shoes... we see what we wsnt to see

Chara plays the most mins against the toughest competition. If you watch every second trying to find a mistake, im sure you will see a mistake you can enjoy chatting about

I like to sit back and enjoy positive results. The results are more positive when chara is on the ice.

Do i claim hes perfect? No... and i know theres no one else in nhl perfect either.

Was chara better 10 years ago? 5 years ago? 5 months ago? Why does it matter if hes still getting the job done?

Plus minus isnt a perfect stat but when you are your teams top shutdown dman and on the ice in the most dangerous situations... and you are a plus... IT MEANS SOMETHING :)

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
If this is truly a rebuild, then waiving Subban was a mistake - cut Khudobin. Play JFK/Cehlarik not Nash, Beleskey. If this is NOT a rebuild, then trade players/prospects for Duchene. BUT, have a plan...Oh and either way some discipline for Pasta would be a good idea too...
The problem is there is no plan. We have a bunch of ineffective kids aside from Debrusk and Pasta along with an aging bunch of vets (Begeron, Krechi, Chara) and poor free agent signings in Belesky and Backes.

Sweeney clearly has no clue what direction this team is going in.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The problem is there is no plan. We have a bunch of ineffective kids aside from Debrusk and Pasta along with an aging bunch of vets (Begeron, Krechi, Chara) and poor free agent signings in Belesky and Backes.

Sweeney clearly has no clue what direction this team is going in.
After only 5 games we are ready to dismiss Heinen , Bjork , McAvoy , Carlo ? Bergeron hasn’t played a single game yet and Chara was effective last year after two so so years . I agree Beleskey and Backes were poor free agent signings but Backes should be more acclimated this year .

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
At the time the Bruins had just won the Cup with a 37 year-old netminder. If ever there was a time to take a shot at a goalie with a late first round pick it was then.

When they already had a then 25-year old Rask who had already been a starter for the team in 2010, 115 NHL games under his belt, including 13 playoff games?

In the middle of a cup contending window, the last thing they should of gambled on in 2012 was a goaltender in the 1st round.

Reactions: xgallantx

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
We go over this every year.

Public service announcement:
Bruins ownership has no interest in rebuild years moving forward. Ever. The mandatory plan is 50% make the playoffs and 50% everything else. DS serves two masters with the ability to end him.

Can the Bruins faceplant enough to sell at the deadline? Sure. But they would need to be no-doubt out-of-it, and DS forced to accept his fate.

DS is well aware missing the playoffs puts his neck under the axe.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and KrejciMVP

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Bruins ownership has no interest in rebuild years moving forward. Ever. The mandatory plan is 50% make the playoffs and 50% everything else. DS serves two masters with the ability to end him.

Can the Bruins faceplant enough to sell at the deadline? Sure. But they would need to be no-doubt out-of-it, and DS forced to accept his fate.

100%, this is why I think they will be forced to make a trade early if they continue to struggle. The vets will be frustrated and that will trickle down to the rookies. This teams needs reinforcements and its only 5 games in. Top 6 forward hopefully on the way to Boston soon.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Agree with JJ's goals but I still don't have enough faith in their scouting and especially Sweeney for a full rebuild. If he has to make the final call on a young pro that would come back for a Chara or Krecji (while being handicapped by NMC's) I feel it would be a waste of those assets, he has done nothing yet to make me think he is competent at evaluating, or having people in place to evaluate, pro talent.

As we start to watch the results of the draft that will make or break him (2015) it will be interesting to see the results. I don't believe there is an impact player in that group, and as much as I hate the thought of agreeing with Dale Arnold I feel he is right on his evaluation of the first round picks from that year.

So what happens next I guess is the question. A few more no show efforts and I expect Cassidy and hopefully Pandolfo to be shown the door, or as I like to call it "The Harry Sinden Self Preservation Plan". Then one or two of the prospects will be moved for a mid level scoring winger or another middle pairing D, with the bump from a new coach and veterans brought in to go along with the core they will make a playoff run, have cap issues in the offseason and if Sweeney is still here a poor trade will be made to become cap compliant. They will probably meet my request to become tougher to play against because 80% of the fan base still enjoys tough hockey but not really improve much. A mid first round pick or another 13-15 range and it will be wash, rinse, repeat with whoever takes Donnie boys job as long as Jacobs is here and wants his 3-5 games of playoff revenue.

This team was gifted two top ten picks in a young forward with Charater issues in Seguin and a young top pairing D in Hamilton, Those two trades have netted the Bruins a return of Zach Senyshyn, Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson and Jeremy Lauzon. No one is left in any one, shape or form from the Seguin deal.

You don't build cup teams by dealing away star level players for nothing.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
I find the Chara talk hilarious. He had one bad game. Just a reminder to everyone...Chara is making $4 Million this year. You're not going to do much better at that price on the FA market. He's absolutely not part of the problem, despite having a bad game against Vegas.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Remember the league telling the Bruins to stop making fun of Tampa fans in the 2011 playoffs? Guess making fun of attendance is the only thing out of bounds.

Yes, it was the Tampa fans who ended that great campaign. Habs and Philly fans were good sports, the Tampa fans hated it. Probably because it hit too close to home.

. Welcome, Tampa fans, nice to see you fixed your bandwagon.

. For your courtesy, Tampa fans, there will be shuffleboard during the second intermission.

. Lightning fans, which Tampa player is your grandson?

. In Tampa, hip checks are performed at the community center every Monday at 4:30.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad