GDT: Game 5: Bruins @ Coyotes | 6:00 p.m. PDT | FS-A | 620 AM

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Look - our team is sucking horribly right now, so it's natural for us to turn on each other with rationales as to why.

I Doan see anyone turning on another, to any real margin, at this point. I do see a little "told ya so" and desire for some validation of our old coach. For me, I'd like to see a hybrid of the two coaches. Give me some DT structure with some of the willingness to play the youth more of RT and we'd be a bit better off.

Reactions: BUX7PHX

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I was unable to watch this game because of a birthday party, so I guess I was spared a walloping (again). At least I didn't drive to Vegas to see this one lol.

I can't really comment much on how the team played, etc... but I do think this team needs better goaltending efforts. If this team had JUST a bit better goaltending, they would have a couple of wins in that column and it wouldn't be as doom and gloom.

That injury to Raanta is brutal... of course it happens to the Yotes! I really really want Domingue to succeed, but he has to find a way to be better (as he said). At this moment, the results he has given haven't been good enough... not for a good NHL goalie.

Also, it's 5 games in, so I am sure it will get better. I am still feeling better about this season than the last couple. We will be fine once the team finds a way to get that W.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
If that's the case he shouldn't be playing. He's not helping the team in his current condition. But I believe the problem lies elsewhere. Before this season I thought for sure OEL would make a good leader, I'm not sure anymore. It seems to me he has a hard time handling the pressure of being a leader on and off the ice, trying too hard to make fancy plays. I want to see the calm OEL from two seasons back and I think the only way is to play through it, when the team starts to get comfortable with the system I believe OEL as well will improve.

If Chychrun were healthy and in the lineup I think they would have sat OEL and let him heal for a little while. But we don't know the extent he was hurt either. It could be something he can play through.

However I agree he's out of the comfort zone he was in just a couple of years ago. What it will take to get him back there is the question.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If Chychrun were healthy and in the lineup I think they would have sat OEL and let him heal for a little while. But we don't know the extent he was hurt either. It could be something he can play through.

However I agree he's out of the comfort zone he was in just a couple of years ago. What it will take to get him back there is the question.

I don't think OEL is hurt. He has started slow the last few years and maybe he should stop reading the headlines because his value is not what it use to be. The Coyotes have bent over back wards for him, signing his brother and Hammer. It's about time he get's his head out of his ass and start to play like he is suppose to.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I don't think OEL is hurt. He has started slow the last few years and maybe he should stop reading the headlines because his value is not what it use to be. The Coyotes have bent over back wards for him, signing his brother and Hammer. It's about time he get's his head out of his ass and start to play like he is suppose to.

So you think OEL having to be helped off the ice after he gets his knee tangled up with Boedkker was nothing but a covert ruse to cover his poor play?

Okay.....

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
As of this moment we still have 94% of our games left to play. Breathe.

:laugh: Well, as you've pointed out several times in the past - this is what we do here.... discuss things.

Anywho, while we're all breathing (or perhaps not) I would think you would have to agree this is some of the worst NHL hockey ever iced? That's certainly my take and I've been watching for nearly five decades.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
:laugh: Well, as you've pointed out several times in the past - this is what we do here.... discuss things.

Anywho, while we're all breathing (or perhaps not) I would think you would have to agree this is some of the worst NHL hockey ever iced? That's certainly my take and I've been watching for nearly five decades.

Allow me to introduce you to the 1974-75 Washington Capitals, who finished with 8 wins, 67 losses, and 5 ties, scoring 181 goals and giving up 446.

:P

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Worst hockey ever iced? Some of you must have repressed memories from the past three years. I don't blame you. I watched them drop nine in a row last year looking gutless, lost, and disinterested. Oddly the same chicken little voices today were the quickest to find a myriad of excuses at that time.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Allow me to introduce you to the 1974-75 Washington Capitals, who finished with 8 wins, 67 losses, and 5 ties, scoring 181 goals and giving up 446.

:P

There have been plenty of bad teams, even horrible teams - this is why I said "some of the worst." Congrats to us - so far we're right in there!

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
I'm afraid I believe this has some truth to it. He should be one of our best players, but he is not that elite d-man as the media (at least in sweden) and the organization paint him to be. I hope he's about to prove me wrong though.

I'm not surprised he is starting slow in a new system. I always thought he didnt look as good with the swedish national team as he did in tippetts system. Maybe the tippett system was a perfect fit for OEL or he is kind of a slow learner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->