luZoSga.png

"You know what we have to do, men. We must find Private Marek Langhamer."
"Where is he? Where can we find him?"
"Deep behind enemy lines. His last known position was... the AHL."

g2zf7uM.png

"So you're telling me we have to go to... Tucson?"
"I got a bad feeling about this one."
"When was the last time you felt good about anything?"
"He better be worth it. He better come up and pitch a shutout, or at least win us a damn game."

rvEngkZ.png

"Hell, these guys deserve to get called up as much as I do. They've fought just as hard."
"Is that what I'm supposed to tell your mother when she has to watch you get sent down to Fort Wayne?"
"You can tell her that when you found me, I was with the only brothers I had left. And that there was no way I was deserting them. I think she'd understand that."
"Come on, let's go. We need you."

:coyotes

Lines we'd like to see (but may not actually happen):

Tobias Rieder - Derek Stepan - Clayton Keller
Max Domi - Christian Dvorak - Anthony Duclair
Lawson Crouse - Jordan Martinook - Brendan Perlini when he's healthy
Mario Kempe - Brad Richardson - Christian Fischer

Defense pairings with Connauton still out:

Niklas Hjalmarsson - Jason Demers
Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Adam Clendening
Alex Goligoski - Luke Schenn

Goalies:

Louis Domingue (probably)
Private Marek Langhamer of Moravska Trebova

Injuries: Kevin Connauton, Antti Raanta
Suspended: Zac Rinaldo

:bruins

Bruins probable lines stolen from dailyfaceoff.com:

Brad Marchand - Riley Nash - David Pastrnak
Jake Debrusk - David Krejci - Anders Bork
Matt Beleskey - Ryan Spooner - Frank Vatrano
Tim Schaller - Sean Kuraly - Danton Heinen

Zdeno Chara - Brandon Carlo
Torey Krug - Adam McQuaid
Kevan Miller - Charlie McAvoy

Tuukka Rask
Anton Khudobin

Scratches/injuries: Patrice Bergeron, David Backes, Noel Acciari

Picture of a bunny with a waffle on its head for no reason:

MDSMbs9.png

If we lose, I'm blaming Dasyotesfan92 since a Saving Private Ryan GDT was his idea. Hopefully you guys don't think it sucks.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
That's a great movie. Hopefully this game is a lot less bloody than the movie though. I don't see a victory, but we should stay in it. This should be a good test, we looked good against Detroit, but Detroit isn't great.

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm going to this game with this "cringing" feeling up and down my spine. I've calmed down from last week when I wanted the team to hit the reset with a new and experienced coach like Sutter, but this pond hockey style of play is just awful. Never thought that I'd miss a structured game so much.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm going to this game with this "cringing" feeling up and down my spine. I've calmed down from last week when I wanted the team to hit the reset with a new and experienced coach like Sutter, but this pond hockey style of play is just awful. Never thought that I'd miss a structured game so much.
It's just poor execution. The question is whether it's due to a lack of ability or a lack of experience. If it's the latter, we'll make great strides this season. If it's the former, might as well pack em up and move em to Houston.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
When is the last time we beat the Bruins?

October 9, 2010.

The Coyotes won 5-2. The game was played in Prague. The winning goalie was Ilya Bryzgalov. We got goals from Eric Belanger, Taylor Pyatt, Scottie Upshall, and a pair from Radim Vrbata.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Boston is starting Anton friggin Khudobin tonight. We're seen as a joke. Rightfully so. Still, a garbage backup. Hope we don't piss away this opportunity too. Hope our backup is less trashy than theirs.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Boston is starting Anton friggin Khudobin tonight. We're seen as a joke. Rightfully so. Still, a garbage backup. Hope we don't piss away this opportunity too. Hope our backup is less trashy than theirs.

First game of a back to back for the Bruins. They're at Vegas tomorrow so given an 0-3-1 team tonight and a 3-1-0 team tomorrow how would you play it??

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
It's just poor execution. The question is whether it's due to a lack of ability or a lack of experience. If it's the latter, we'll make great strides this season. If it's the former, might as well pack em up and move em to Houston.

What if it's not from a deficit in execution or ability but rather a poorly conceived system of play? If that's the case, we're going to look bad until the coaching staff is replaced.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad