GDT: [Game 5,6,7] BNG @ SYR | Friday, October 18th, 2013 | 7 pm

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Expect the latter as he's got a long ways to go..

Agreed. He's been better these past few games but still makes some pretty bad plays. He'll try and skate the puck through traffic and turn it over, make bad passes, and chase the puck in the defensive zone a bit.

Still, he's producing very well and he just oozes potential. And like everyone has said many times , there couldn't be a better mentor for him than Luke. I say at most he gets 2-3 games with the big club to give him a taste near the end of the year.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
I think we need to call up Luke Richardson and send down Dave Cameron.

I would like to see Luke as the D coach. Nothing against Cameron but Luke has the ability to get the best out of his players.

I just read back through this thread and caught this nugget.

You guys do realize Cameron was the coach down here in Binghamton. He did so poorly that pretty much the entire arena hated the guy. Fire Cameron signs were aplenty in those days at games.

No thanks, you can keep Cameron up in Ottawa.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I just read back through this thread and caught this nugget.

You guys do realize Cameron was the coach down here in Binghamton. He did so poorly that pretty much the entire arena hated the guy. Fire Cameron signs were aplenty in those days at games.

No thanks, you can keep Cameron up in Ottawa.

If we had 2 lukes, there would be one on each staff. he seems to be pretty happy in binghamton right now (interviews). I'm not sure where he'd benefit more, developing our prospects or helping ottawa win behind the bench. As long as no one from the outside scoops him up.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
What did Luke prove in Bingo exactly to make people think he is a very good coach?
Bingo was 50% team last season once NHL season had started and was swept in the first round despite having home ice advantage.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
What did Luke prove in Bingo exactly to make people think he is a very good coach?
Bingo was 50% team last season once NHL season had started and was swept in the first round despite having home ice advantage.

If you watch how the team has played in years past, and then watched the team under his coaching, you would understand.

Same thing could be said about Maclean. Why do you think he's such a good coach? Mustache?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't think the problem is coaching, for the last two yrs we have been praising these guys now all of a sudden they are terrible, I don't buy it. When Maclean wins the Coach of the Year award it also has a lot to do with his assistants. It's the players who haven't quite jelled as a team yet & need to up their compete level. They are the ones taking stupid penalties, giving the puck away & not making plays not the coaches. Maybe another good brawl will bring them together. :laugh:

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

His players generally filtered seamlessly into NHL hockey.

Primary responsibility.

Other than that, I don't really have any care for the debate going on.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is

"Starling":

On Coach Luke as I remember Ottawa was fighting for a playoff spot. When the NHL season started up again it was a dog fight for them. Anderson was injured + they kept having other players go out injured, Ottawa kept calling players up some games they had 6 players or so out. With each call up Binghamton kept getting weaker, and weaker. Also Binghamton had no real AHL back up in goal that hurt them down the stretch. Through it all Coach Luke had his players busting their rears but, effort can only go so far the team gave it's all. I was proud of them......................

For the playoffs the Pens made moves to add to their lineup. Before the playoffs started I knew Binghamton would be gone after 3 games as I called it, Sens just did Not have that much firepower left, in each game the Pens took the lead and then they cut the rink in half and the Sens just could not score. They lost all 3 playoff games by 1 goal I was amazed the games were that close...

That is why Binghamton faltered down the stretch last year. Coach Luke did a Hell of a job down here as players developed and they busted their rears for Coach Luke.....

So now you know..............................

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->