GDT: Game 49: Vegas Golden Knights @ Calgary Flames | 6:00PM | Yay all the breaks are over

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Vegas Golden Knights @ Calgary Flames
6:00 PM Pacific
Scotiabank Saddledome | Calgary, AB

(Click to find channel in your area)
Cox: 313(SD)/1313(HD)
DirecTV: 684 (HD)
Centurylink: 760(SD)/1760(HD)

(Click for link to listen online)

EV4o4qy.png

mqBxoGH.png

fQzfoFS.png

CJhRvppb7eGVG.gif

LETS LIGHT THE LAMP!

:vegas GO KNIGHTS GO! :vegas

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
This game is the first of a tough six-game road trip. bookended by two important intradivisional games (Calgary and San Jose). The last six-game road trip in October-November was a total fiasco with a 1-4-1 record. Of course, MAF was not available for that road trip.

This series could practically assure a favorable playoff spot. Ironically, the last game of the regular season (April 7) is also in Calgary.

Last edited:

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Will be a tough game. Definitely a toss up tonight. Got to contain Johnny, forecheck hard, and numerous VGK goals would be nice.

I hope they start the post All Star break with a win. Go Knights!

Reactions: Nevada Jones

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Will be a tough game. Definitely a toss up tonight. Got to contain Johnny, forecheck hard, and numerous VGK goals would be nice.

I hope they start the post All Star break with a win. Go Knights!
I'm hoping they just play a good game, they're running at 100% every game and they need to let it rest a little. Get Malcolm in net in one of these next few.

Score goals, play D, don't get hurt.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I definitely agree that they need to pull back a bit. Got to save some energy for a playoff run.

Bringing up more guys from the minors would certainly not hurt. I really don't get the reluctance to try out Hyka or Pirri on the fourth line. Carrier and Lindberg look like absolute zeros out there. Carrier seems to be taking on something of the tough guy of this team, but that seems unlike any philosophy we have seen all season. I want speed and skill, not some guy who puts a knockout check on because lots of analytics have shown that hits correlate to losses in the current NHL. Hyka/Pirri/Bellemare seems like worth looking at to me.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
I definitely agree that they need to pull back a bit. Got to save some energy for a playoff run.

Respectfully, tonight is a four point (intradivisional) game. Tonight is not the night "to pull back." San Jose, the last game of this trip, is similar. These should be MAF starts.

Let Subbie play most of the rest of this road trip.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Alright, here we go.

Unfortunately, my internet is more screwed up than normal, so there's that. I'm likely 3 minutes behind everyone.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Watching the Calgary broadcast. Color commentator for them tonight is a fairly solid woman commentator Cassie Campbell.

Reactions: BattleBorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad