GDT: Game 49 | Predators vs Capitals | 02.15.22 | 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I just can't understand the officiating. I'm not going to argue any calls against the Preds, actually that Trenin one was complete BS and cost a goal but how are there not more called against other teams? The Forsberg turnover that lead to the ENG was clearly forced by the opponent having his stick in Forsberg's hands. Baffling.

Reactions: weeze

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I just can't understand the officiating. I'm not going to argue any calls against the Preds, actually that Trenin one was complete BS and cost a goal but how are there not more called against other teams? The Forsberg turnover that lead to the ENG was clearly forced by the opponent having his stick in Forsberg's hands. Baffling.

It is because of Tim Peel. I think some of he refs are taking it out on Nashville.

Maybe a few more NHL refs need to "retire"?

Unless you think it was anti-Russian bias?

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Leading the league in PIM by a significant margin we're not going to get remotely "fair" officiating in terms of calls until we clean some shit up.

Reactions: SouthNash

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Odds of tying it up were low but not sure what Forsberg was doing there.
Him and Josi keep trying to do way too much. You can't keep trying to drive the lane when one of the last players back. That the other player at the point (Josi?) didn't start rotating down to cover the center of the ice compounded it.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Leading the league in PIM by a significant margin we're not going to get remotely "fair" officiating in terms of calls until we clean some shit up.

So your theory of officiating is that teams that get called for a lot of penalties get extra scrutiny from the refs?

The Ads get a lot of penalties in the AHL. The Wolves, not so much. The one recent Ads-Wolves game, Chicago was called for 4 penalties where they clearly could have been called for ten. Those are the refs coming up to the NHL some day "unless they get caught in bed with a dead woman or a live boy" to borrow a line about Louisiana politicians. It was a small part of why Chicago won the first 7 games of the season against the Admirals. Now, they have lost a few. Milwaukee had to score 7 goals to win the game above. The refs couldn't help Chicago enough when they fell behind 5-1 in the first period.

In the last game, Chicago scored 2 goals in period 1. Milwaukee came back with 4 goals in period 2.
Chicago picked up 1 goal in period 3. Grimaldi and Glass were both +4.

Theory approved!

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
So your theory of officiating is that teams that get called for a lot of penalties get extra scrutiny from the refs?

The Ads get a lot of penalties in the AHL. The Wolves, not so much. The one recent Ads-Wolves game, Chicago was called for 4 penalties where they clearly could have been called for ten. Those are the refs coming up to the NHL some day "unless they get caught in bed with a dead woman or a live boy" to borrow a line about Louisiana politicians. It was a small part of why Chicago won the first 7 games of the season against the Admirals. Now, they have lost a few. Milwaukee had to score 7 goals to win the game above. The refs couldn't help Chicago enough when they fell behind 5-1 in the first period.

In the last game, Chicago scored 2 goals in period 1. Milwaukee came back with 4 goals in period 2.
Chicago picked up 1 goal in period 3. Grimaldi and Glass were both +4.

Theory approved!
LOL!

Hey, I'm not saying it's a concerted effort on their part, or a conspiracy or anything either, just...if you commit a lot of penalties, and the other team doesn't (Washington is 27th of 32), I'm not surprised we're going to have iffy calls going against us and non-egregious infractions not going our way.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
We had two calls against the team last night that resulted in diatribes by Willy and Mase but at game speed you could see what led to the call. The Trenin "trip" was two players hitting, getting legs tangled, one going down. The McCarron "high stick" was the Cap lifting McCarron's stick right up into his own face. Two instances of watching the play resulting in grasping what the ref thought he saw but different angles indicating that the zebra likely misinterpreted the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad