GDT: Game 44 | Columbus at Toronto | 1/8 7PM

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I feel he could get 18 minutes a night but offensive skill set is so limited I doubt he'd get 15. The 30 was a fluke. Yep, he did benefit from the PP (9 goals) but watch him now and he doesn't even look like a guy who should be on the PP...... just my take on the guy.

He's too slow and not skilled enough to be a top 6 forward in today's game. The 30 goal season was a fluke. Jenner is David Clarkson 2.0 (before he hurt his back).

At this point, I'd trade him as soon as Atkinson and Dubinsky come back. Sooner if I could find a taker. He's still a cost controlled RFA, so someone might want him. Bringing him back for two more years@$3million plus per year doesn't make any sense.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Rimer really sucking up to Dubi

I guess they’ve really given up all pretense of doing play by play

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
They’re going on and on about leadership with a guy the coach stripped the A from.........:huh:

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
In all fairness to Rimer, it can't be easy being the play by play guy for the Blue Jackets. They're incredibly boring to watch with little skill, little excitement.. If he and Jody called the game objectively, all they would do is criticize this team and who wants to hear that for 2 1/2 hours every night.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
The lack of emotion or push is what concerns me most about this team. Much too content. Makes you wonder if JD and Jarmo have let up on pressure from above

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Can’t wait to hear Torts talk about the “compete level” after we can’t score a goal to save our lives yet again

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
The game is being televised nationally so my streaming from NHL.com is blacked out. I'm following the game somewhat on ESPN game cast and if they're correct, Toronto is outshooting the Jackets 9 - 1 so far this period.

EDIT: 12 - 1

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm not sure what the hell happened to this team's shooting percentage, but it's got to be fixed somehow. This is just insane. We've gone from "half the forwards are underperforming offensively" to "ALL the forwards are underperforming offensively."

And the next person who DARES utter something about skill or talent level or whatever can go **** right off, because I'm talking about each player's own trend, not as compared to your Crosby/Malkin/Kessel In Union Blue fantasies. Nearly everybody is on an individual worst shooting percentage right now - below steady levels of displayed skill that have been ongoing for years. So I don't want to hear or read ONE. DAMN. WORD. about "this team was never good enough".

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
This team was never good enough. Look at the Leafs. Look at Tampa Bay. Completely different level of play.

Well, I guess it's good enough if one has traditional CBJ standards .

Reactions: DJAnimosity

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I'm not sure what the hell happened to this team's shooting percentage, but it's got to be fixed somehow. This is just insane. We've gone from "half the forwards are underperforming offensively" to "ALL the forwards are underperforming offensively."

And the next person who DARES utter something about skill or talent level or whatever can go **** right off, because I'm talking about each player's own trend, not as compared to your Crosby/Malkin/Kessel In Union Blue fantasies. Nearly everybody is on an individual worst shooting percentage right now - below steady levels of displayed skill that have been ongoing for years. So I don't want to hear or read ONE. DAMN. WORD. about "this team was never good enough".
The team is going to continue to suffer by shooting slow low point shots for rebounds/deflections with nobody for either, will continue to suffer shooting from outside the dots for rebounds with nobody there, and make slow passes on pass play to allow goalie and skaters time to maintain position. All facets of our game are very poor on the offensive side. Have to create opportunities for goals and we are making it hard on ourselves with poor work plays

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->