Post-Game Talk: Game 42 - B's wake up late and salvage a point but the OT was ugly - Dallas 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I know they were tired but that was some REALLY bad defensive hockey by those three (Spooner, Pasta, Gryz). Not sure why they would be put together tbh, but i guess you're going feast or famine with them bc of the offensive upside but they got eaten alive. Too bad, but we played poorly all game and were lucky to get the point. Shake it off and come out Wednesday night looking crisp.

I was baffled at the start of the shift as well when I saw who was on the ice together. The coaches really need to figure out OT a lot better. It has been a disgrace so far.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
seguin+stanley+cup+drunk+drunk+drinking+partying.jpg

Reactions: Aeroforce

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Bergy had the game on his hands and passed to a guy that stunk today. Yeah Marchand was invisible but lets blame the 3 tired players out against a fresh four of offensive stars. Not a great line combo in the 1st place, learning process for Cassidy. They were lucky to get a point, Seguin made an elite play with a man advantage and open ice.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
They're still not a good OT team.

That being said, I watched the third and thought we had the better of the play.

I get it is in the moment, and I get it's Seguin, but given this team's recent run and the fact that we're getting points out of every single game, no matter who we play, is a really good thing. Dallas is a very good team right now, and it's clear Hitchcock has finally given them something they've desperately struggled for in the past few years: defensive structure.

I would have liked the two points, but I'll take the one. Now, I want a thorough beating of the Habs on Wednesday.

Reactions: sarge88

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I was baffled at the start of the shift as well when I saw who was on the ice together. The coaches really need to figure out OT a lot better. It has been a disgrace so far.

I think I'd go Marchand/Pasta and Bergeron/DeBrusk then Heinen/Krejci.

I don't think Bergeron is great at 3v3 hockey, it's just weird.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Pasta Needs to get off the Bergy line. He spends more time off his skates than on them. He just doesn't seem to have the Chemistry with them. He needs to be put back on Krejci's wing.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
They're 1-0-2 in their last 3 games. They didn't suck against the Habs, either. They're one of the hottest teams in the NHL. They can't be perfect every night. Relax.

Classic pink hat.

Repeatedly beat teams in blowouts, and then when you inevitably start playing closer games (all of which you are earning points from), "this team sucks".

The only reason it's not embarrassing is because every fanbase has these people.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I only caught the OT.

But I think it's time to look at the 3 on 3 groupings. For whatever reason it ain't clicking.

I'd start by taking Krug off the unit with Bergeron and Marchand. None of them are really fast, all with above-average but not great speed.

I thought the penalty that lead to the 4 on 3 was weak. The Dallas player was already falling when Gryz hit him.

Well at least they continue their point streak.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I can see the Bruins trading for Seguin at next year's deadline

The Bruins have the prospects and he can be a first line center in a few years

Marchand-Bergeron- Seguin
DeBrusk-Krejci- Pastrnak
Heinen- JFK-Backes

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I thought the penalty that lead to the 4 on 3 was weak. The Dallas player was already falling when Gryz hit him.

I know you said you only caught the OT, but to me it seemed like they were letting a ton of infractions go all game long. So the OT call seems even weaker from my perspective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad