GDT: Game #41 - New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils - 1pm EST - MSG, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Look, there was one really bad play in the game. The Goody pass to Hughes. Laffy didn't make a great decision there, if he was tired he should have pulled back, kept possession and made a change. But the goals the Devils scored were goals that went in despite us playing well. They weren't our breakdowns.

Does this one sting? Yeah.

Is Laffy in a rough spot right now? Yup.

Do I wish we could have shut the Devils down completely in the third? Absolutely.

But we didn't play poorly. We did not beat ourselves. We didn't make the kind of mistakes we made earlier in the year at all. We played well!

And the play where Zibby almost scored in OT was elite minus the finish. I really am not going to complain about this game. I know, I know. We blew a two goal lead in the third. But we didn't blow it because we were making egregious plays all over the ice. Devils played a great third. But, the positives in this one far outweigh the negatives.

I'm not even really an optimistic person by nature, but this game had a lot more good than bad.
Looks like it's just me and you on this page today. Thought we played a great game and lost. Happened enough this year that you'd think we'd all be used to it by now.

And as much as people don't want to hear it, Schneider's phantom interference in the first absolutely makes the nocall at the end of the game more egregious. Refs were as bad as anybody on the ice today.

Reactions: RickChartraw

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
This is a risk and reward of a creative passer. His goal is to generate scoring chances which means he can’t just dump it or wrap around the boards all the time hence sometimes he turns the puck over
Panarins production is also continuing to drop every year as a ranger. He is quickly not being worth the over 10 million dollars he makes a year

Reactions: Slaydagnar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad