Post-Game Talk: Game 4 - Sully glares at the Flyers, Flyers fold

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++ Murray: So simple and so poised. He played a quiet but impressive game. I think he made some saves that went under the radar. There were a few chances where the Flyers could have made a run and Mur shut the door down. And he made it look simple.

+++ Kessel: Right off the first shift, Kessel was flying. 2016 style Kessel. He threw a hit early and started the game with an assist and goal. I thought Geno/Hags were also terrific in this one. That line played well.

+++ Sid/Jake: These 2 even better than Simon, but I thought Simon complimented that line well enough in Horny's absence. Sid/Jake were on another level and congratulations to Sid for taking over the record. That goal murdered the life of Philly.

+++ Brassard/Sheary: Flying around all game, #43 was lightning quick. Brassard was playing very well and that's without Rust even having his normal playoff game. Sheary's best playoff game I can think of outside of a few in the 2016 run. They cycled so well for small fast guys. The Flyers couldn't keep up.

+++ Kuhn/Sheahan: I think you are seeing a pattern here. 2/3 of each line played exceptionally well. Kuhn was terrific and Sheahan's urgency continues to impress me.

++++++ Gudas: Thank you

+++ Dumo/Letang: Dominant top pairing. Dumo is in playoff mode. Letang had a huge goal.

++++++++++++ Sully: Name me another coach in any league that is more cutthroat in the postseason than Sully. Yep... you are thinking of the same guy I am. This guy is putting Sheahan/Sid out for d-zone faceoffs up 4-0 in the 3rd period. He's not f***ing around. He's not taking any chances. We may not win it all, but Sully isn't going to let some magical run spark a team. When they are down - he wants to step on their throat.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Hey, Flyers ...
Hlhehkg.gif

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Dumo and Letang playing like a first pairing should, what a game for them.

+++ MM So poised, so controlled, so confident!

++++ Big boys showed up tonight.

Reactions: Tom Hanks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->