McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
One enters the lineup as another leaves.

Grant was practicing on the second PP unit. I'll let that stew.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
One enters the lineup as another leaves.

Grant was practicing on the second PP unit. I'll let that stew.

It's obviously not ideal, but we don't have a lot of great options to screen the goalie currently. We want guys like Getzlaf, Rakell and Silfverberg working the point and halfwalls. Meanwhile, I'm guessing they don't want Vermette on the PP anymore because a) he's not doing much there and b) it would probably serve him well to limit his minutes to 3rd line and PK duties.

Grant's role will simply be to win the faceoff and park on top of the goal crease. One has to think he's used to this role at the AHL level. It would partially explain why he's able to score so much at that level. He did have a redirect on net in the beginning of last game and did put one of the post on the PP near the end. I don't remember if it was last game or against Philly, but he did break up a play behind our own net with his stick mid-air. Maybe hand-eye cordination is one of the things he's better at.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
PP1: Eaves, Getzlaf, Perry, Rakell, Fowler
PP2: Vermette, Grant, Silfverberg, Montour, Beauchemin/Bieksa

Looks like Ritchie is still out

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
all 4 RH forwards on 1st PP. It has been a problem for us. Perhaps that is why we are so bad on the PP? Opposing teams have easier job to defend when they know everyone will have their sticks on one side. Thoughts?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If Ritchie and Kase come back we have a pretty good lineup, once Kesler comes back we will be so good.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

So Vermette is still on the PP. So Grant's job won't be to win the faceoff, just be in Halak's face. Anyway, as long as the first unit are doing their job they should be out there for 75% of any given PP oppurtunity anyway.

all 4 RH forwards on 1st PP. It has been a problem for us. Perhaps that is why we are so bad on the PP? Opposing teams have easier job to defend when they know everyone will have their sticks on one side. Thoughts?

It completely depends on how the PP is set up imo. With those five players on the top unit, Rakell should be on the right half wall setting up plays. He'd have Getzlaf, Eaves and Perry all available for one timers. Getzlaf and Fowler will have eachother available for one timers as well depending on how they mix it up on the point. The only player who won't be shooting onetimers with this setup is Rakell. The only shooting he'd likely be doing are low shots to create rebounds for Perry and Eaves.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

I dislike everything about this. 4 forwards rarely works for us and that second unit is devoid of offensive talent.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
If Ritchie and Kase come back we have a pretty good lineup, once Kesler comes back we will be so good.
Forward outlook would be significantly better, but I still don't have confidence in a team that ices 3 of Bieksa/Beauch/Holzer/Megna. I pray that our top 3 stays healthy so we don't have to see all 4 at once.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Forward outlook would be significantly better, but I still don't have confidence in a team that ices 3 of Bieksa/Beauch/Holzer/Megna. I pray that our top 3 stays healthy so we don't have to see all 4 at once.
I meant when Lindolm and Vatanen get back

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I dislike everything about this. 4 forwards rarely works for us and that second unit is devoid of offensive talent.

I prefer Getzlaf on the left side half wall. Sadly we don't really have any left handed shooters for onetimers, not even when healthy. It's almost pathetic in a sense. And on the right side half wall Getzlaf's shot becomes useless.

Edit:

Except for Matt Beleskey having that one good season, I can't think of a a single forward with this club who was a natural shooter and left handed since Petr Sykora...

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I prefer Getzlaf on the left side half wall. Sadly we don't really have any left handed shooters for onetimers, not even when healthy. It's almost pathetic in a sense. And on the right side half wall Getzlaf's shot becomes useless.

Edit:

Except for Matt Beleskey having that one good season, I can't think of a a single forward with this club who was a natural shooter and left handed since Petr Sykora...
Jason Blake was a natural at shooting into the goalies chest and he was left handed

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Jason Blake was a natural at shooting into the goalies chest and he was left handed

Hah! I thought of Maroon, McGinn and Bertuzzi, but they were powerforwards and more suited in roles around the goal crease. I thought of Kunitz, but he was also a guy that would score lots of goals putting home rebounds, or maybe sometimes snipe from left circle. But not as someone who'd typically shoot onetimers.. Then Blake came to mind, before I thought of his chest shots the following second :laugh: And then I couldn't think of anyone since Sykora.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Cheering for you guys for a reason - Go Ducks Go

By the way I am big fan of Perry and Getzlaf

Good Luck to all of you

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
This is why I question whether Stephens knows what he is talking about:

"It isn’t clear if Chris Wagner or Jared Boll will remain in the lineup with Eaves and Ritchie both coming back. Wagner and Boll have played in each of the first three contests.
Here is the potential lineup for the Ducks:
Patrick Eaves-Ryan Getzlaf-Corey Perry
Andrew Cogliano-Rickard Rakell-Jakob Silfverberg
Nick Ritchie-Antoine Vermette-Chris Wagner/Jared Boll
Dennis Rasmussen-Derek Grant-Logan Shaw"

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Wagner has played way better than anyone else on the 3rd and 4th lines. Hopefully he stays. Plus he trucked a dude the other night, and seems like he is realizing that is his role.

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad