GDT: Game 4 | Columbus vs. New York Rangers | 10/13 7PM

pled

Sep 7, 2009
No surprise 72 and 9 were stars of the game, but Calvert was an unsung hero. He played absolutely great - as good a game as you'll get without (officially) scoring......A beast on the PK, too, maybe getting as good a scoring chances as we had on the PP.
arent they both 72?
and
for how many years has this bean the case for calvert ?

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Ohio is more of a hockey state than what people think.
Watched my first game of this season, I get that we didn't control some points of the game & I was flipping back and forth with the Yankee / Astros game, but what I saw of the game the Jackets looked very good. Jonesy turnover, Sedlak penalty with both making critical amends for their mistakes. Panarin is deadly - been watching Tarasenko a little bit, some similarities beyond being countrymen.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I get that the Jackets haven't got a lotto chemistry going but thank God they did not trade Murray and Milano. These guys have been early sparks in this young season

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
LVP: The Cannon; late on two of the three goals. :D

Man, I could watch that Zherd... er, Panarin goal all night.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Panarin's goal was a gem and illustrated why I think he and Cam should be split. Cam's game, though not quite as dynamic, is similar to Panarin's with each having an ability to create their own opportunities. Might that not play more beneficial to have that element on two different lines? That said, I understand some will cite how the Panarin-Kane combo worked.

Reactions: Cowumbus

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
markus or harrington will be happy to get some ice time in nhl no issue
If we had traded Murray, one injury and our D looks like

Werenski Jones
Johnson Savard
Nutti Harrington

I'mn okay with one of them, not not both.

Did anyone else notice the D pairing that was put out at the end of the game?

Shutdown pair of Murray and Jones.

The entire game my buddy was complaining about Murray (he's played hockey as long as I have 20+ years) and at the end of the game I pointed out he was out there to finish the game because he's so strong defensively and that he played the same role in the world cup with the NAs best talent and then he kinda shut up.

I'll take the depth on D everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

pled

Sep 7, 2009

People throw shade as Murray only because they don't see him on scoring sheet. hockey is way more than that and especially on a team with other dman taking the pp minute.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
If we had traded Murray, one injury and our D looks like

Werenski Jones
Johnson Savard
Nutti Harrington

I'mn okay with one of them, not not both.

Did anyone else notice the D pairing that was put out at the end of the game?

Shutdown pair of Murray and Jones.

The entire game my buddy was complaining about Murray (he's played hockey as long as I have 20+ years) and at the end of the game I pointed out he was out there to finish the game because he's so strong defensively and that he played the same role in the world cup with the NAs best talent and then he kinda shut up.

Was the Jones-Murray combo to create a shut down pairing or a pairing resulting from the rotational shifts because of having only five Dmen?

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Exactly why we shouldnt trade Milano and Murray for the shiny new toy Matt Duchene
I think Nuti and Harrington would absolutely be fine for our third pair, especially if that means we land a number 1 center . Plus , u can acquire a depth defenseman , a heck of a lot easier than u can a number 1 center . Jarmo knows that this team most likely is a number 1 center away from being a legit threat in the playoffs . Ideally I would prefer Murray and Bjorkstrand to Colorado, rather than Milano though, and I don’t see anyway they move Carlsson instead of Murray , because of future cap hits . The money in future won’t be there to resign Murray , keep Savard , resign Werenski, and pay Jones .

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think Nuti and Harrington would absolutely be fine for our third pair, especially if that means we land a number 1 center . Plus , u can acquire a depth defenseman , a heck of a lot easier than u can a number 1 center . Jarmo knows that this team most likely is a number 1 center away from being a legit threat in the playoffs . Ideally I would prefer Murray and Bjorkstrand to Colorado, rather than Milano though, and I don’t see anyway they move Carlsson instead of Murray , because of future cap hits . The money in future won’t be there to resign Murray , keep Savard , resign Werenski, and pay Jones .

That D won't take us very far in the playoffs. Our D is inmediately weakened by trading Murray. And no you can't replace Murray from FA or waivers. It's not that simple, if top 6 nhl dmen could easily be plucked like that there would be a few teams doing so. Youre also going to over pay for anyone you get(which we can't afford)

The D without Murray is to young and and inexperienced. None of nutti, Harrington or Carlsson have the pedigree that Murray does.

Murray is going to replace JJ if anything.

Werenski-Jones
Murray-Savard
Carlsson-Harrington/Nutti

Even then I'm not sold on that bottom pairing unless they make some big strides this season.

Was the Jones-Murray combo to create a shut down pairing or a pairing resulting from the rotational shifts because of having only five Dmen?
Probably both. It's not the first time they've been paired together in those situations. They play really well together and with Murray being one of our best dmen so far it's a no brainier to put them on the ice to close the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->