Post-Game Talk: Game 4: Canucks 2 Cowgary 5 | That was...sub-optimal.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
It is almost like pre-season is meaningless and has little bearing on anything, like I said two weeks ago and got shouted down.
It certainly doesn't for a team hell bent on running vets instead of actually tearing down and rebuilding. Green so far is not impressing me

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
It is almost like pre-season is meaningless and has little bearing on anything, like I said two weeks ago and got shouted down.

Except it wasn’t “meaningless”. Virtanen has a good camp and has been fine in the limited minutes his pro veteran coach has doled out to him. Boeser has 2 points in his 2 games.

That’s all anyone said the pre-season “meant”. It meant they could stay up and play in the NHL. It was only “meaningless” if you thought it meant Virtanen was going score 62 goals in the regular season. Is that what you thought people were getting excited about?

member 290103

It certainly doesn't for a team hell bent on running vets instead of actually tearing down and rebuilding. Green so far is not impressing me

Gotta say, I agree. Aside from benching Ericksson, his decisions to sit Virtanen and to a greater degree, Boeser have been extremely puzzling. Add to that, he continues to run out the Sedins over and over again when they are accomplishing nothing.

Give the Sedins 12 minutes a night, 2nd PP duties, and run Horvat and Boeser with huge minutes. Call up Goldobin and waive Burmistrov.

member 290103

That's how many tickets they sold. There definitely wasn't 17K people there last night.

No chance. And that's even more telling. People who had tickets decided it was not even worth going to watch.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Glad i missed that one... contemplating a straight delete feom the pvr...

Anything anyone wanna point out to me that's worth checking out on the game tape?

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
All those empty seats...... tried putting towels on them to make it seem like the arena was more lively

How is Dim Jim not fired yet?
Ah I wonder when they will get a tarp with the whale on it to drape over sections in the upper deck? But yeah, season ticket sales are up 5% from last year and everything looks great!

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
no to boeser because he still had 2x 1st rounders. so easily can just NOT draft jake and NOT draft juolevi.

my god.

Tkachuk Nylander Boeser
??? Horvat ???
??? Gaudette Lockwood
??? Sutter ???

eriksson signing would have not happened either...same with gagner.

those lines in 2018-19 after sedins are done.

makes me wonder who we drafted instead of pettersen, we'd be drafting a winger for sure with horvat.

then another draft in the 2018...WOW..

we'd be serious playoff contenders by 2019-00....
I just find it funny how lockwood and Gaudette are penciled in on multiple line ups as future regulars for us. Garunteed right? Is it likely because development wise they are still not close enough to the pro game to really show us where they stand? Based on Benning's draft record I can't fathom how both of those players will become NHL regulars/at least one not get traded away for someone 5 years older than him.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016

Anything anyone wanna point out to me that's worth checking out on the game tape?

I think there were a few ads for that Pejorative Slur looking snowman movie in between the 1st n 2nd.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
It's so weird to see people talk on and on about Nylander, Tkachuk and Ehlers in the line-ups. What-if this, what-if that, they're not here, so why bother?
Nah we just like to whine & complain about everything. Welcome to Canuckland where "Sisu" is not in our vocabulary.
Accurately sums up this team right now:

I was thinking more on the lines of....

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
I'm legitimately intrigued about just how bad this team has to be before someone gets fired. Judging by what's happened since training camp, I wouldn't be surprised if we're worse than last year.
The injury card will come out early and often by Linbenning.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
The injury card will come out early and often by Linbenning.

Jim: Well, you know, Edler and, um, Eriksson got, you know, hurt early on and that hurt the team. If we had them in the lineup we would have been right there.

Trevor: it makes it really tough on a young rebuilding team when you lose your Edlers and Erkissons.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I am
Gotta say, I agree. Aside from benching Ericksson, his decisions to sit Virtanen and to a greater degree, Boeser have been extremely puzzling. Add to that, he continues to run out the Sedins over and over again when they are accomplishing nothing.

Give the Sedins 12 minutes a night, 2nd PP duties, and run Horvat and Boeser with huge minutes. Call up Goldobin and waive Burmistrov.
Yeah..one has to wonder how much more this team can run with the Sedins..They don't seem to be getting much done on the PP..and the 5 on 5 is getting questionable (and Hank taking all those penalties last night)...Looking at the twins this year so far,it just might be time to move on (never thought I would say that,but there you are).

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

i tuned in near the beginning, watched the team struggle to hold the zone on a 5 on 3, then eventually get scored on shorthanded. i turned it off after that.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Jim: Well, you know, Edler and, um, Eriksson got, you know, hurt early on and that hurt the team. If we had them in the lineup we would have been right there.

Trevor: it makes it really tough on a young rebuilding team when you lose your Edlers and Erkissons.

This is perfect.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Seriously, I'm still frustrated at how Green deploys his players. Can we stop getting rookie coaches? There's a reason they're still rookies... sitting Boeser because "we didn't practice 5-on-3", and sitting Horvat because "he looked terrible". Has he seen the Sedins lately?

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
I think it's pretty sad that opposition teams don't even have to play well to run this team out of the rink. Calgary was basically out there doing a community skate.

Not looking forward to what happens when they face a good team that puts in an honest effort. Some of these road trips could get pretty ugly with the other team having last change.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I think it's pretty sad that opposition teams don't even have to play well to run this team out of the rink. Calgary was basically out there doing a community skate.

Not looking forward to what happens when they face a good team that puts in an honest effort. Some of these road trips could get pretty ugly with the other team having last change.
The Caps are going to score 15 on us. Going to be ugly.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Does anyone else feel like we are finally heading into the build up before the final scene? The part where Benning says, "it puts the lotion in the basket", before the doorbell rings?

I think they are going to blame the attendance on "Vancouver fans won't tolerate a rebuild" ... They are not going to know why attendance is low - and their solution to this imaginary problem will be the equivalent of getting Prust to solve the imaginary playoff problem of Ferland. It's bound to be amazing. Watching this regime desperately and fumbly trying to [MOD] is going to be bold, bright, and blindingly beautiful... I'm glad I kept my solar eclipse glasses. With the naked eye, seeing Benning dancing around to new wave music while wearing [MOD] over his face as a mask, would be a bit too much.

I agree, that game felt like more than just bad, it was like that time in the 90's when Essa Tikkanen and Russ Courtnall had their little In-Game revolt, you saw Pat Quin leave the Press box and first thing after the game they announced both were traded, or the infamous "fire Gillis" chant game,

It felt like, not just another bad game, but like a bad game that could not be ignored and demanded action..........but, so far, nothing

Still, I have to think there are some seriously bad vibes going on with the team right now,

Something's gotta give,

This team has lived in denial for almost 5 years now, and it's starting to feel like they are in the very last throws of being able to deny reality,

Reality is no longer knocking at the Canucks door, it's kicking the thing in and slapping Aqua-man in the face with it

The bottom line is clear: Benning's vision (As demanded by Aqua) of the Canucks does not interest the city of Vancouver, holding Boesser out for the first two games was the last straw, there was some very serious anger amongst season ticket holders after that egregious bit of stupidity,

I feel like a significant amount of fans have said "That's it, I'm done, not coming back until this regime and it's fairytale "re-build on the fly, and it's all about the playoffs" B.S is gone. And we saw proof of that in the stands Saturday.

The thing is regardless of what they do now, people aren't going to be coming back and forgiving them
after 4 years of saying "We could run this team better than the people you've hired!" people have sensed a very deep insult to their intelligence, and it isn't one that will easily be forgiven.

Aqua needs to go, I really hope he sells the team, people need to remember that what were seen this past half decade is because of HIM,

HE doesn't feel like the regular rules of how an NHL team rebuilds it's self should apply to him. And the last 1/2 decade has been all about his trying to find a shortcut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad