GDT: Game 4: Bruins @ Avs | Wed 10/11 7:30pm MT | Homecoming

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Man the Bruins are garbage. And I say this still fully expecting us to finish as a ~bottom 10 team, if not bottom 5. But I think the Bruins are in for a long, long season. I get that they've got some injuries but yikes, that team up front is basically Marchand, Bergeron and Pastrnak, and then the occasional game where Krejci shows up.

I wouldn't count them out just yet--they just gotta get Bergeron back. His impact cannot be understated.

They definitely did not have their best showing in these two games though, especially Rask.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I wouldn't count them out just yet--they just gotta get Bergeron back. His impact cannot be understated.

They definitely did not have their best showing in these two games though, especially Rask.
I don't think their roster is good at all. I mean, look at some of the players they've got playing:

Matt Beleskey, Danton Heinen, Frank Vatrano, Sean Kuraly, Riley Nash, Tim Schaller, Austin Czarnik. It's going to be tough on them to make the playoffs even when Bergeron returns.

Their defence is also highly suspect. Chara is clearly on his last legs, and you can't ask the two youngest defensemen on your team to be your two anchors already but that's what Carlo and McAvoy have to be.

Rask has got to be their best player for them to even sniff a chance at the post season. Especially because a lot of teams are better than them. Off the top of my head Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Columbus, Washington, Toronto, and Ottawa are clearly better teams, and then you've got the second wave of teams like New York Rangers, Florida, New York Islanders, and Montreal likely challenging for wild card spots.

I think it'll be tough for Boston this year even with Bergeron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad