GDT: Game 4: Bruins @ Avs | Wed 10/11 7:30pm MT | Homecoming

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Another Oilers fan chiming in to say I'm super happy for Yak! I'll be rooting for your team all year just for him :D

Maybe my N64 jersey will be somewhat relevant again...

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Very good game by the Avalanche. They even disallowed one goal and we still beat them. Great game.. Boy these new guys are looking good. Love Compher's effort on penalty kill, that guy is going to be great for us.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I'll say it again.. and I've never beeN Duchene's biggest fan. I WANT TO KEEP DUCHENE. Unless a team offers to fix our left side. Because Z and Bigras are look img like they could actually fix it themselves.

VARY JUST SAID IT WAS HARD TO STAY FOCUSED IN THE FIRST TWO PERIODS!! When in hell have we seen a goalie say that as Avs fans!??

Varly's biggest weakness right here, and actually concerns me if we ever become a good enough team to consistently outshoot the opponent. Needs to be better at making the big save when he hasn't seen much work.

Anyways, fun win tonight. Too bad we can't play the Bruins 82 times. This team is instilling hope, it's dangerous haha. I've said it all along, as long as the D holds up there is no pressure on Sakic to trade Duchene - glad for him that he's playing well.

LOVED Z dropping the gloves against McQuaid to answer. He had a good game as well.]

I keep waiting for Andrighetto to fall down to Earth, but he's a solid player. Bigras and Nemeth are really doing their part to stabilize this defense, and Barbs had a good game too.

Landeskog deserves some credit as well for all the flack he gets too - one of the only guys to consistently take it to the net and drive the play.

All this and Rantanen + MacKinnon can still be better.. hope they keep it rolling! Ducks will be a good test even with their injuries.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
So... during one of the commercial breaks at the Can, they did one of those game/contest things where they take two kids from the crowd and have them try to win an easy prize. This game was "Fact or Fib", and they put two facts and one fake fact up on the jumbotron and they guess which one is fake. Here were the options:

Johnson: Used to put popcorn kernels up his nose when he was a kid.

Barrie: Is the lead singer of a Barry White cover band called "Barrie Does Barry".

Comeau: Is ambidextrous.

So the false fact was of course the middle one. But that means the other ones are true... what the f*** EJ? Who does that? Every time he makes a brain fart play for the rest of his career I'm going to think "That was a popcorn kernels that never came out".

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I loved the hell out of what I saw. That second period was the best I've seen the Avs play in the neutral zone in forever. Every Boston rush seemed to get broken up before they hit our blueline. That broke down in the third as they fell back into turtle mode, but it was encouraging to see them actually succeed in that part of the game, neither Bednar nor Roy ever seemed to get a handle on that part of defense.

And so many crisp passes! What a surprise, scoring chances come when you make more than three passes in a row. Rask may have had a poor game, but the Avs didn't make it easy for him.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
That was a fun game.

Color me surprised that this Duchene line is working as well as it is but I won't complain. Kerfoot is such an intelligent player. About 20 seconds before his goal, he had the puck in the defensive zone and was being pressured by a few Bruins players, but didn't just throw it away. He kept the puck and allowed the Avs to break out and get into the zone cleanly. The Avs have been in desperate need of high IQ guys like that the last few years.

They're 3-1 and I don't think MacK and Mikko have looked great. They were better tonight but something hasn't clicked yet with those guys.

I had predicted Landy's numbers this year weren't going to be great and his line is getting some absurdly heavy defensive zone starts. He's only started 4 shifts in the offensive zone through 4 games. That's crazy.

I thought Z had a really good game the other day but the underlying numbers weren't pretty. He was great tonight and the underlying numbers backed it up. EJ I thought had his best game as well. I think Bigras had more struggles tonight than he had the first three games, and that pairing with Barbs might be a little scary in the defensive zone.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Bigras did make a few fumbly mistakes in the defensive zone with the puck, one led to a good scoring chance in the third when he missed a pass that ended up going slowly across the net mouth.

member 116861

This team is so much fun to cheer for, every player is so likable. The only guy is maybe Como but even he works hard so I can't really hate the dude.

member 116861

I'm aware this is a triple post but I'm posting like Yakupov is scoring. I didn't watch too much of the Bruins last year but was Zdeno 'Francois Beauchemin' Chara this bad last year as well?

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
In Croatia there is one say "first cats are thrown into the water", but so far so good for the AVS. Nice to see Yakupov showing some life in AVS uniform :)

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Bigras did make a few fumbly mistakes in the defensive zone with the puck, one led to a good scoring chance in the third when he missed a pass that ended up going slowly across the net mouth.

We know there will be some growing pains for these guys, we just have to be a little patient.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Was at the game last night, it was a fun one. Nice to see so many guys get on the score sheet. Was fun to see Kerf's first goal. I swear he had an assist on Duchene's goal too.

I had no clue Yak was such a personality and so many folks were still wishing him well. I thought the bitter train was going strong there. Maybe he's the biggest X factor in all this. To get a talent like him going there's really no ceiling.

It's early, we understand all the caveats. The big test will be adversity or when they lose a few or the lines have to get broken up. I expect ups and downs. But the last two games, how they've played and who all has contributed is sure fun and we (and they) deserve that.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Just finished the game. Some notes...

- My god, are these jerseys beautiful. Definetly going to get one in sweden
- Solid overall performance. Turtle mode in 3rd period didn't seem as bad as last few seasons but still too much. Until then absolutely dominated the Bruins
- Yakupov. Wow. What a pickup. I hope he keeps his performance and either signs an extension or we get a nice asset at the TDL
- Whenever Duchene is gone, 13 and 64 will suffer
- What a move by Zadorov to stand up for Jost. Good boy
- EJ and Barrie played extremely calm and like 1st line D-men just on different pairings. This allows everybody on D to play his role and not play over his head
- the Powerplay looks good (finally after all these years)
- I was a bit concerned, in one slow-mo Varly looked like in pain

Overall a very good game. Let's see if the Bruins are just bad or we are actually decent.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
That was a fun game.

I thought Z had a really good game the other day but the underlying numbers weren't pretty. He was great tonight and the underlying numbers backed it up. EJ I thought had his best game as well. I think Bigras had more struggles tonight than he had the first three games, and that pairing with Barbs might be a little scary in the defensive zone.

I didn't get a chance to watch the game. Maybe I'll watch it tonight since it seems like a good game to watch.

Do you think Lindholm fits better with Bigras due to his style of play and should Bednar switch Lindholm back in for Barbs?

If Bednar is going to leave Barbs in should Bigras move up to a more defensive partner in EJ and Zadarov down to help Barbeiro out defensively?

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Ahh so nice to enjoy this season and be excited for the next game instead of June 20 whatever.
Not hating Joe ATM either, thought about it and thanksgiving is over but I am thankful for Z, Terry, and Dutchy. For better or worse, those 3 would not be Avs without Joe.
Too stoked, even the goal song haha anyone feelin that last night? La la la la la cant nobody stop us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad