GDT: Game 4: Bruins @ Avs | Wed 10/11 7:30pm MT | Homecoming

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Didnt he have a slow start last year too?

Not on the defensive side of the puck, no. Right now he's not playing at a high level on either end of the blue line. He'll be fine.. like I said. I think he's trying to push too hard offensively and not putting in the two way work he usually does. He'll figure it out.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Really fun game to watch. Glad Jost is okay, really irresponsible play by McQuaid. Everyone had a solid game if I had to pick something to whine about Soda was pretty soft. That penalty on Wilson at the end was so silly he literally just placed the stick in the way of the hands with zero momentum. I hope they tone the refs down a notch on that. Also I think I decided I'm getting a Yak jersey :)

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Couldn't watch the last 10 minutes of the 3rd lol. Between the Avs lead dwindling and me having a $5o Pro-Line on the Avs winning(Along with NJD winning) on the line it was just too much.

So happy to see us come out with the win.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I'll admit, unless Duchene's trade fixes our left side. I'm keeping him until he says no to an extension.

Yes, there is no need to give away a star top center player for some unproven prospects or picks at this point. It has has to be a decent top 4 Dman. In a worst case scenario we can trade him in a year for 1st rounder and prospects easily...

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Not on the defensive side of the puck, no. Right now he's not playing at a high level on either end of the blue line. He'll be fine.. like I said. I think he's trying to push too hard offensively and not putting in the two way work he usually does. He'll figure it out.
At times tonight it looked like he was afraid of playing hard on defense because of the new stricter slashing penalties. I dont remember exactly but did he use his stick a lot when defending last year?

I wish he would use his huge body more

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yes, there is no need to give away a star top center player for some unproven prospects or picks at this point. It has has to be a decent top 4 Dman. In a worst case scenario we can trade him in a year for 1st rounder and prospects easily...

I'll say it again.. and I've never beeN Duchene's biggest fan. I WANT TO KEEP DUCHENE. Unless a team offers to fix our left side. Because Z and Bigras are look img like they could actually fix it themselves.

VARY JUST SAID IT WAS HARD TO STAY FOCUSED IN THE FIRST TWO PERIODS!! When in hell have we seen a goalie say that as Avs fans!??

Reactions: GBoeklen32

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I'll say it again.. and I've never beeN Duchene's biggest fan. I WANT TO KEEP DUCHENE. Unless a team offers to fix our left side. Because Z and Bigras are look img like they could actually fix it themselves.

VARY JUST SAID IT WAS HARD TO STAY FOCUSED IN THE FIRST TWO PERIODS!! When in hell have we seen a goalie say that as Avs fans!??

I probably have been one of the biggest Duchene defenders on here and valued him more than most.

I never really wanted to trade Duchene because of his play. I have and will always maintain that Duchene is one hell of a hockey player...

But at this point he has less than 2 years left on his contract and Sakic seems to have ruined that relationship to an extent that it probably is no longer salvagable.

If Duchene and his agent tell you that he will sign a decent sized extension if you give him a full NMC in exchange and if you promise to quash all the rumors right now, you take him off the market immediately.

If he more than likely tells you that he will not even discuss an extension with you given what has happened, you continue to field offers and trade him at the deadline at the latest...

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I probably have been one of the biggest Duchene defenders on here and valued him more than most.

I never really wanted to trade Duchene because of his play. I have and will always maintain that Duchene is one hell of a hockey player...

But at this point he has less than 2 years left on his contract and Sakic seems to have ruined that relationship to an extent that it probably is no longer salvagable.

If Duchene and his agent tell you that he will sign a decent sized extension if you give him a full NMC in exchange, you take him off the market immediately.

If he more than likely tells you that he will not even discuss an extension with you given what has happened, you continue to field offers and trade him at the deadline at the latest...

One things for sure, wherever Duchene signs he's going to insist on a NMC.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
**** it, I'm letting myself get excited about this team. This game was a hell of a test too. B2B against a playoff team after a win. Usually this team would have gotten too high on themselves.

For shame :crossfing. Peter put it best halfway through the game ‘the avs were 3-1 to start the season last year’...

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Before we start dreaming too much let's remember we've only outplayed one team so far.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

If Duchene and his agent tell you that he will sign a decent sized extension if you give him a full NMC in exchange and if you promise to quash all the rumors right now, you take him off the market immediately.

Sure, I think that's what I said in not so many words.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Kerfoot is seriously the wing version of Tyler Johnson with more hockey IQ and a worse shot. Elusive not fast, smart, tanacious, not afraid of the dirty areas, sneaky, etc. Just a fUn player.

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
Behemoth is a plus 7 so far. Has easily been the most consistent player so far in my books considering only joining the team a week ago. Does all the nice quiet things for them team, so far easily worth the claim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad