upload_2017-10-10_12-58-19.jpeg
    9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Excited for this game. Bruins will be coming out strong though. Avs need to feed off the home crowd and bring it right back to them again.

On another note. Can we talk about just how damn good Tyson Barrie has been for us this year. Not just from an offensive standpoint either(And he's looking as good as ever in that regard also). The guy is winning board battles at a very high frequency, is getting quite physical in the corners, and when he gets the puck on his stick in the Defensive zone he is doing an excellent job at moving it along the boards and out of the zone quickly.

Still a small sample size but he's looking poised to have his best season ever for us on both sides of the ice. Extremely good start for him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I've been very, very impressed with Barrie through 3 games. The offence will hopefully come but I think he's been wonderful defensively at even strength.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Excited for this game. Bruins will be coming out strong though. Avs need to feed off the home crowd and bring it right back to them again.

On another note. Can we talk about just how damn good Tyson Barrie has been for us this year. Not just from an offensive standpoint either(And he's looking as good as ever in that regard also). The guy is winning board battles at a very high frequency, is getting quite physical in the corners, and when he gets the puck on his stick in the Defensive zone he is doing an excellent job at moving it along the boards and out of the zone quickly.

Still a small sample size but he's looking poised to have his best season ever for us on both sides of the ice. Extremely good start for him.

As one of Barrie's haters. I have to admit I've liked him thus far as well. I'm not ready to eat my plate of crow yet though.

Reactions: Avs91

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Barrie's been our best dman this season. I dunno what he changed in his training but it's a sky's difference from last year. His passing and some of his offensive decision-making still isn't that of a top calibre puck moving dman (because he's not one) but overall he's been the biggest difference maker on the back end.

Also hope Duchene gets more ice-time in this game, friggin 16 minutes+ for Comeau and 12 for Duchene? Who's managing the bench.

Reactions: Vk1ing

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
It'd be really nice, given how last season went, to get a win at home to start things off. They were awful at the Pepsi Centre last year, so I'd love to see them grind out a win.

I thought Wilson had a great game the other day, he looked like the player we were hoping for.

I'd still like to see a bit more out of the MacKinnon line.

member 116861

When Nieto/Barberio are your 13th/7th forward/defensemen, Bernier is your back-up goalie and Colin frickin' Wilson is on the 4th line.

giphy.gif

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Going to get up for this. Work starting early for me tonight.

Hope for a win. Would be quite important to get a little W streak going.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Barrie's been our best dman this season. I dunno what he changed in his training but it's a sky's difference from last year. His passing and some of his offensive decision-making still isn't that of a top calibre puck moving dman (because he's not one) but overall he's been the biggest difference maker on the back end.

Also hope Duchene gets more ice-time in this game, friggin 16 minutes+ for Comeau and 12 for Duchene? Who's managing the bench.

Well, I suppose in Bednar's defense the Avs jumped out to the early lead, so I suppose it makes sense he'd rely more heavily on his two checking lines more often than his scoring lines, but I agree, if yer gonna roll four lines, roll them. Just my opinion as a fan, nothing more.

And Terry should absolutely be on the power play. I've yet to see him really let that cannon loose.

As for Barrie, I think the changes around him are the big difference. The team was SO SLOW last year, watching them try to break it up the ice was so painful. It looked like this methodically-moving wall of players, no dynamism, no creativity, just a bunch of drop passes that petered out into nothing because the opposition knew all they had to do was stack the line and wait. Barrie needs room to generate offense and move the puck, last year he wasn't afforded the opportunity. The team was kinda forced into a dump-and-chase mode and that pretty much killed his game.

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
It may just be me but it looks like Barrie is bigger and stronger this year. I know he didn't get taller but he's playing much bigger and stronger than ever Before.

I hope it continues because his biggest weakness in his career has been getting outmuscled in the corners and in front. If he can change that weakness then he's a legit top 4 NHL D-man without any big glaring holes in his game.

Let's hope it continues.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It may just be me but it looks like Barrie is bigger and stronger this year. I know he didn't get taller but he's playing much bigger and stronger than ever Before.

I hope it continues because his biggest weakness in his career has been getting outmuscled in the corners and in front. If he can change that weakness then he's a legit top 4 NHL D-man without any big glaring holes in his game.

Let's hope it continues.
If he can fix that weakness he's a #1 defenseman. Not just a top 4. He's already elite with the puck on his stick.

Reactions: LieutenantDangle

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Barberio coming in for Lindholm is a surprise. I thought Lindholm was better last game than he was the first.
I agree that Lindholm was better in his second game but I also think the Barbs hate after game one was a little overblown. If Barbs is indeed subbing in for Lindholm I think that's the strongest 6 D we can ice.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Alright guys and gals, I placed my vbookie bet on the avs and I predicted a shutout win in the predictor thread for the avs just like I did before their other two victories this season. Let’s hope the superstition juju carries forth another win for the good guys!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Don't see the Barrie love as you guys do. Don't get me wrong, he's been good and so far his pros outweigh his cons as I said in the opening game, but he keeps getting beat defencively every game. In the Rangers and Bruin games for instance, the best scoring chances came when he was on the ice via the eye test. I don't know if the analytic's and numbers say the same thing...

In Lindholm's case, its probably the penalties he's taking which is why they decided to mix things up. I disagree with it, but it is what it is.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
There will be some rotation with the bottom defensemen. Bigras will probably get a scratch soon, deserved or not. They have to keep Miro and Barbs in game shape.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad