GDT: Game #4 | Blues @ Rangers | "Return of Kaufman"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
You guys are 4 and 0 to start the season that's pretty impressive, mind you Rangers are a good time

Blues are always a good team, so I am not surprised

Reactions: Mike Liut

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
dbfccb3c00cf18696e96ddb4f948429ee4f344b576eb73c12586e3996e9f4d29

Reactions: MissouriMook

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I'd be hard pressed to call a guy making over 6.5M, who's done nothing but produce since he's entered the league a clown.
Ohhhh but the minus in front of that number is all that you need to know.

It's not like there other statistics in the world.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
That was definitely annoying, but most of the people who keep referencing Shattenkirk seem to have something against him personally.

<shrug> Whatever makes them happy, I guess.
You are entirely correct, and I agree with you that the persistent (and needless) criticism of Shattenkirk by some is in poor taste. I would like to point out, however, that the same can be said about the constant disparaging of our own Berglund and Bouwmeester by some menbers of our community. Some of the posts were so irrational I wondered if there was indeed something "personal". I once posted that Jbo gets flack because he makes funny faces. I was not kidding.

Last edited by a moderator:

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Yeah the Shatty hate is kind of unwarranted. I mean for Christ sake we were for the most part pushing him out the door once we found Parayko. The guy still played great for us and from what I've heard from interviews almost every player really liked him meaning he stayed a good teammate which is hard to do in that situation.

As for his on ice play. Is he worth 6.5m? Probably not. is he a great defender, no not really. Is he a great PP player? Absolutely. Look how lost our PP was after he was traded. He is an offensive defenseman and he shouldn't be expected to be more than that because he's a pretty damn good point producer.

I think we as Blues fans are all pretty upset about the return we got for him. Would all of us rather had Drouin or Hall? Hell yes absolutely. Can't hate the guy for wanting to play in front of his home town crowd. Also can't hate the guy for openly stating that he wouldn't sign for the amount that each club offered. He played his role great for us and that's all we can ask.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
ed and petro definitely play well together

should stay together when jaybo is back

Petro has played better literally any time they have put him with a different partner. Hopefully without Hitch, they finally notice it and actually take it to heart.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Petro has played better literally any time they have put him with a different partner. Hopefully without Hitch, they finally notice it and actually take it to heart.

If Yeo takes Edmundson from the top pairing, as well as both Petro and Joel have played, he should be fired on the spot. They look great together

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Good game from the boys and Hutts earned the #1 star.

That game felt like a few of the PO games against the Wild...opportunistic survival......bend, counterpunch, bend, bend, counterpunch.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Yeah the Shatty hate is kind of unwarranted. I mean for Christ sake we were for the most part pushing him out the door once we found Parayko. The guy still played great for us and from what I've heard from interviews almost every player really liked him meaning he stayed a good teammate which is hard to do in that situation.

As for his on ice play. Is he worth 6.5m? Probably not. is he a great defender, no not really. Is he a great PP player? Absolutely. Look how lost our PP was after he was traded. He is an offensive defenseman and he shouldn't be expected to be more than that because he's a pretty damn good point producer.

I think we as Blues fans are all pretty upset about the return we got for him. Would all of us rather had Drouin or Hall? Hell yes absolutely. Can't hate the guy for wanting to play in front of his home town crowd. Also can't hate the guy for openly stating that he wouldn't sign for the amount that each club offered. He played his role great for us and that's all we can ask.
his return helped get us schenn, i for one am very happy with the return.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I'd be hard pressed to call a guy making over 6.5M, who's done nothing but produce since he's entered the league a clown.

You're right. "Overrated" would have been enough. Shatty was the only -2 guy on the Rangers last night playing 2nd most minutes to McDonagh. Could be a long season for the Rangers if they need to rely on Shatty's defense that much. And for the record that ain't Shatty hate, just my point of view. I don't hate Shattenkirk, just hate his D-zone abilities. He seems like a really good guy and teammate and he certainly has a lot of offensive skill. Not all criticism = hate.

Great win for the Blues, keep on rollin' boys. Props to Hutton for reminding everyone he's no chump.

Reactions: TheDizee

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
All these potshots at Shattenkirk are getting annoying. The guy was great for the Blues and well liked by his teammates. I hope he does well with the Rangers.

Reactions: Splatter

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
Caught a replay of the game again this morning. I don't think it can be stated enough just how impactful our top 3 dmen have been. Gunnarson has been really good, too, but it was remarkable how many plays were shut down by 27, 55, and 6. And I don't even think Parayko is playing up to his standards...yet.

Jake and Hutton have been great, but those 3 are definitely root causes in letting them be great.

Also, Petro and Eddy cycle the puck better than he and Bouw ever have by orders of magnitude. I'm not as big of a hater of the 27/19 pairing as some on here, but it's pretty evident at this point that Petro is more effective away from Bouw.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Just to be clear my OP with Shatty was just poking fun. I actually really like the guy still and hope for nothing but the best for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad