Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
4 and 0?

jesus-feels-good-man_o_2391263.jpg

Reactions: jura and Lakas

CCBC

Feb 18, 2007
Illinois
So that's what it feels like to have Shattenkirk fall down and give up a game-sealing goal for your team. Huh.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Schwartz! Schwartz with the EN, few and far between for the Blues. Oh man what hustle from Sobotka, I'm really starting to warm on him again, after that nasty business of the last few seasons.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
"...a much better third period for the Blues..."

Sorry, I'm going to have to disagree with you there, JK

I agree that this wasn't "a much better 3rd period" than yesterday. it was a lousy 3rd Period, even though they outscored the opposition 1-0. But, in their defence, they were gassed from playing 3 games in 4 days. Lucky hutton was hot, and The Rangers couldn't capitalise. Great start to this season, considering several key players are injured.

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
I agree that this wasn't "a much better 3rd period" than yesterday. it was a lousy 3rd Period, even though they outscored the opposition 1-0. But, in their defence, they were gassed from playing 3 games in 4 days. Lucky hutton was hot, and The Rangers couldn't capitalise. Great start to this season, considering several key players are injured.

Oh, I agree. I understand the tired play today and I'm sure a day off is much needed. Just thought it was an odd comment since we clearly rode Hutton that period.

Great start regardless, but considering the injuries it's been awesome to see. Really glad to see the team banking points early. LGB!

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
"Blues looked better the final 20 minutes of the game"

Huh? Looked better sitting back and scrambling to protect the lead?

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The third period execution certainly needs to get better. However, with the lineup they’re icing, and the schedule being what it is, points are points and the Blues are banking them away. Keep it going until Steen and Bouwmeester get back!

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Blues didn't play a clean game, but they held together fairly well as a unit and capitalized on a few chances. That was enough to scrape out a fairly even game against a less fatigued Rangers team that was consistently shooting themselves in the foot with off-the-mark passes and mishandled pucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad