GDT: [Game #37] Dallas Stars @ Minnesota Wild - 7:00 PM CT (BSSWX)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Fleury was great but Stars won anyway . Pretty dominant game by the team. Just keep rolling .

Powerplay humming along nicely and very balanced scoring.

It's actually kind of amazing how many different players now score the same kind of goal for the Stars. Guess that was to be expected . Point shots for deflections was the M.O DeBoer was/is known for and thats what the Stars are doing now and doing well.

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Felt more like another "take care of biz" win to me. In the end, it was solid and consistent rather than anything spectacular. I'll take "taking care of biz wins" all season long.

We recently bantered back and forth on whether Jake is playing well. He seems to be back on track. He finished with 24 saves on 25 shots for a .958SV%. Had their last goal counted, he would have been 24 saves on 26 shots, for .923, or closer to his season SV% of .920. Whether that scramble goal counted or not, he played well and played like he played, proving that sometimes, "dropping" to a lower SV% isn't really all that important. It doesn't take much to change a save %.

Reactions: LT and Elysian

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Felt more like another "take care of biz" win to me. In the end, it was solid and consistent rather than anything spectacular. I'll take "taking care of biz wins" all season long.

We recently bantered back and forth on whether Jake is playing well. He seems to be back on track. He finished with 24 saves on 25 shots for a .958SV%. Had their last goal counted, he would have been 24 saves on 26 shots, for .923, or closer to his season SV% of .920. Whether that scramble goal counted or not, he played well and played like he played, proving that sometimes, "dropping" to a lower SV% isn't really all that important. It doesn't take much to change a save %.
Jake has really shown the ability to not get rattled by a bad goal, which is a great asset to have. He seems to get better as the importance of the next save increases.

He did look rattled after the 1st goal when he let that next shot beat him but not the post. But at the end of the game he stopped 24 of 25. Even if you consider the disallowed goal, that goal would have been too little too late anyway.

Side note, I hate that goals get overturned for stuff like that but it was really fun to hear their fans get so upset about it being overturned after already being so upset. Icing on the cake :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad