Post-Game Talk: Game 36: Jimmy Hayes Hat Trick - B's beat Ottawa 7-3 - We're on to Foxborough

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You are absolutely insane.

You are now saying that "crying" over Marchand putting his team in a bad spot (which he has admitted to) is ridiculous and a "journey" that we can choose to go on. Yet, you making a claim that Marchand's play was basically just mixed in with a dozen other similar plays is totally straightforward.

Basically, you can't handle any blame put on Brad, you can't handle any fans daring to be upset over what he did because it hurt the team, but you can make a claim that the league is biased and simply picked out Brad because of "public outcry". Nothing of course to do with his reputation that he has more than earned.

I just can't believe you believe what you say. It looks so foolish and childish to nearly everyone else. And, please go ahead and insert the token "I don't care" post. We of course know that will directly contradict the fact that you hung around as your argument spiraled to into darker and stupider depths.

You're not arguing any singular point. Just making sweeping generalities, about "inconsistency" or "public outcry", to avoid having to dare call out one of your own guys for being a dink. I don't why it's so difficult and so personal for some people to do that. But, if you can't do it in a spot like this, I can confidently say you're pretty well relegated to being a gung-ho, blind homer fan for eternity. Not the way I choose to watch the sport I love.

No, I just accept that players do stupid things at stupid times and that it's a waste of time to cry about it. **** happens.

Here's you're entire argument in a nutshell: BRAD MARCHAND DID SOMETHING STUPID AND YOU NEED TO ALL AGREE WITH ME OR YOU'RE AN APOLOGIST.

It's really great thought leadership pointing out that someone did something stupid when literally nobody is saying it wasn't dumb. But hey, have at it hoss. I'm all good with what you're selling.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Then you must really hate talking to yourself and reading your own posts. :naughty:

You quoted me, I did not seek you out and engage with you. So my point is what matters, not yours, since you responded to something I said. If you want to discuss his thought process, I've already addressed it multiple times, even if you don't want to agree with what I said. That's again, on you, not me. You seem to think I'm giving him a free pass and are trying to vindicate him. I'm not. I'm just not whining like a baby over what he did like you and others seem to be. You seem want people to all line up and crucify the guy for some reason over one dumb play in 36 games, and you're getting angry when people don't jump into line and automatically agree with you.

But guess what? Players put their team in bad spots all the time. It's part of the game, whether it's a bad hit resulting in a suspension, or a bad penalty at a key point in the game. What does pissing and moaning about it and whining that other people won't acknowledge it do? If that's what you want to do, and it's certainly what you've been doing, then go right ahead. That's your journey and you have fun with it. I prefer to simply watch the games and see what happens, regardless of who is playing or not playing, for whatever reason. I'm not going to cry over anything because it's entertainment and nothing more.

But again, let's step back and talk about why what he did bothers you so much? He put the team in a bad spot? Okay, and? Is the season cancelled? Are they not still playing the Winter Classic tomorrow? Does him getting suspended preclude them from qualifying for the playoffs? Nope. Not at all. There are still plenty of games left to play and plenty of chances to control their own destiny. If anything, you should be more annoyed that the team had 3 chances to take over first place and **** the bed in all three (games that included the guilty party, no less). That's far more of a detriment to their success than a singular player doing something stupid and having to sit out a few games. But hey, what do I know, I'm just a straw man.

Quite literally the most pointless post you've ever come up with.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Look how small Marchand is and give him a pass on going low every now and then. He has to do it to keep dudes from teeing off and getting extra shots in on him.

But its the cool new thing to do with never satisfied Boston fans worship star players of rival teams (Kobe/Jeter) and rip the guys who are carrying the current team and leading it in goals because he flipped a punk player on Ottawa.

Very sad that some of our fans can't give Brad a break the couple of borderline dirty hits he throws a year and need to drone on and on about him making better decisions and all that crap.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
No, I just accept that players do stupid things at stupid times and that it's a waste of time to cry about it. **** happens.

Here's you're entire argument in a nutshell: BRAD MARCHAND DID SOMETHING STUPID AND YOU NEED TO ALL AGREE WITH ME OR YOU'RE AN APOLOGIST.

It's really great thought leadership pointing out that someone did something stupid when literally nobody is saying it wasn't dumb. But hey, have at it hoss. I'm all good with what you're selling.

You've done your best to minimize what he did and maximize random things the Senators did to try to imply it was "a wash" and that other players deserve suspension as much if not more than Marchand. That's what you've done. All while of course forgetting he committed not one, but two, considerably "dirty" acts last night. Oh, and have we forgotten he has repeatedly pulled this? Far more than anyone else on the ice last night? No, in your world, all that isn't good enough, and it's a wash and due to some sort of "inconsistency" (which, while sometimes true, is an absolute favorite word to throw out there of the super biased fans) within the league.

You not being able to decipher some very basic logic that the majority of this board (of Bruins fans) agree with, along with the league, is not the fault of anyone else. That's clearly on you. And, while I understand there's going to be a small percentage of fans like you in most fanbases, it does upset me. Watching the game with an objective eye, that chooses your battles and doesn't vehemently defend your own players over EVERYTHING just because they're your own players, is the better path. Trust me. Be a hockey fan first.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Look how small Marchand is and give him a pass on going low every now and then. He has to do it to keep dudes from teeing off and getting extra shots in on him.

But its the cool new thing to do with never satisfied Boston fans worship star players of rival teams (Kobe/Jeter) and rip the guys who are carrying the current team and leading it in goals because he flipped a punk player on Ottawa.

Very sad that some of our fans can't give Brad a break the couple of borderline dirty hits he throws a year and need to drone on and on about him making better decisions and all that crap.

Rival fans giving guys like Kobe and Jeter some props in their final year is hardly "worshipping". It's called being a person. You're incredibly naive to act like this is the first time that's happened in Boston or anywhere else. And just incredibly ignorant to try to tie that into this argument.

It truly is magnificent to see the ultra biased fans upholding an argument based on how everyone else (which is the vast majority) of fans is biased against its own players. I mean, seriously...do you never hang around the board? We are not ****ing biased against the Bruins. It would be funnier if it wasn't really sad.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Hey there old chum!

Hi there, sometimes I really wish I could go back in time just to enjoy the days of innocence and simpler life about things in general...
However, today is also very interesting in a much more different way.
All the best to you for 2016.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Hi there, sometimes I really wish I could go back in time just to enjoy the days of innocence and simpler life about things in general...
However, today is also very interesting in a much more different way.
All the best to you for 2016.

Same to you and yours!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad