GDT: Game 34: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Coyotes - 7:00pm - FS-A

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Everyones opinion is different. However, its nice to see some emotion.

I was fine with the Richardson and Schenn fights on that score.

Cousins stepped up for Domi which is good. But the whole thing started because Domi went in with the chicken wing on one of their players.

Reactions: zz

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Did anybody else saw strome with the puck

He had the puck for about 5 seconds around the boards to behind the net on one shift. That's about all I remember. Keller will carry the puck for days so I think that exaggerates Strome's immediate pass instincts since they are now on the same line.

I find it pretty hard to try and evaluate Strome's play when the entire team can't do crap.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
On the plus side, I thought Keller, Perlini and OEL had a solid game. But that team was just too much. I was amazed at how good they were at getting to pucks first, and their zone entry was a sight to behold.

Last edited:
Reactions: MIG

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
The boys certainly need to gain a lot more experience...and that is what we're doing, although the guys brought in to help them do that are lazy. Stepan is lazy, and we should find a place for him to go.

Our talent level does seem to be overrated. We really needed the Centers to step up this year (Stepan/Dvorak/Strome/Richardson) and none of them are having stellar seasons. Stepan looks slow or lazy or both, Dvorak doesn't seem to have captured his late season scoring surge from last season and Strome and Richardson have been disappointments. Now Strome is a rookie and will get better, Richardson won't.

Offense is driven from the center position, and when we've got the fewest pts from the center position in the league it's no wonder why the offense looks so pathetic.

Reactions: Yandover

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
The boys certainly need to gain a lot more experience...and that is what we're doing, although the guys brought in to help them do that are lazy. Stepan is lazy, and we should find a place for him to go.

Our talent level does seem to be overrated. We really needed the Centers to step up this year (Stepan/Dvorak/Strome/Richardson) and none of them are having stellar seasons. Stepan looks slow or lazy or both, Dvorak doesn't seem to have captured his late season scoring surge from last season and Strome and Richardson have been disappointments. Now Strome is a rookie and will get better, Richardson won't.

Offense is driven from the center position, and when we've got the fewest pts from the center position in the league it's no wonder why the offense looks so pathetic.

Yeah, I didn't watch this game (not because I refused, but middle of the night in Europe, hard to find etc. Don't get me wrong.) But:

Stepan has a NTC. That's a problem if you want to trade him, right?

Also, this is a low-cap team. That should mean they are supposed to lose IMHO. Any win is a surprise. At least a loss against the hottest team in the league shouldn't be a surprise. I hope Strome not will be a bust though. That would be painful...

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Rough one to watch again. To me, didn't feel like the Yotes were really in this one. Heard RT's postgame comments and it annoys me because there is no reason for this team to come into the game unprepared. None whatsoever. Very frustrating for all the fans, imo.

Luckily, OEL was ok after that collision and Keller got a goal so that's something. I'd at least like our young guys to play well/produce and grow.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Feels like I haven't updated this in awhile, though that might be due to the off days:
Max Domi EN Independent shooting%: 1.25%

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Feels like I haven't updated this in awhile, though that might be due to the off days:
Max Domi EN Independent shooting%: 1.25%

I wonder if he can get it under 1%. That would be quite an accomplishment for an "offensive" forward. But yea, it's already a crazy % anyways lol. Doesn't seem possible, yet here we are!

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
missed the first half of the game; wish I would have missed the second half (at least the constant praising of Keller for scoring--we were still down 2-3 points people!)

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I wonder if he can get it under 1%. That would be quite an accomplishment for an "offensive" forward. But yea, it's already a crazy % anyways lol. Doesn't seem possible, yet here we are!

Even with the EN goal... of about 300 forwards with 10+ games played and 13:00+ TOI/G... Max is 3rd worst in S%....

(...and #2 is Richardson. #4 is Hanzal :D )

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Domi is playing like Rinaldo, all go and no show.:nod: I thought he would break out of his slump by now, but I'm still not worried.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
No shame losing against a Tampa team that has incredibly smart forechecking, talent on every lines, lethal special teams and a stud in goal. Looks like a future champion to me.

However, a lot of shame for playing like a team that is not tired of losing. This team is not desperate, and aside from Keller and Raanta, really did not seem that bothered.

Second time in two weeks that the team, after a few days without a game, comes up really flat (first time was goal conceded within 15 seconds in Boston).

If the idea is that the team will get naturally get better because it will gain experience then I am really concerned. This team won't get better next year without significant changes.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Yandover

Nov 8, 2013
Guess this trend means Brandan Gaunce (#1) is a future Coyote :)
However he is connected to the Coyotes by getting his first NHL goal against Anders Lindback in 2015 in a 4-3 Vancouver win over the AZ Coyotes. Figures the Yotes would gift the first NHL goal ever to the worst shooter in the league.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad