GDT: Game 32 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Colorado Avalanche | 7PM | Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Cole chips it in, and the two Pens forwards look at each other for 1-2 seconds hoping the other one would go in and forecheck. Avs get an easy clear.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Errey and Mears finally on the "Nothing Is Easy" bandwagon. No kidding. They've had like 3 easy wins all season.

Reactions: KIRK

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
That good home record even with a rocky start to the season is vanishing before our eyes atm. Bout to go 2-3-whatever in this latest home stand.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Cole chips it in, and the two Pens forwards look at each other for 1-2 seconds hoping the other one would go in and forecheck. Avs get an easy clear.

Because they just don't want it. Everyone wants someone else to just do it. They don't want to work as a team at all.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I know you've mentioned it before but it's worth repeating: this team still plays like Sid/Geno are 24 years old and can slice their way through defenses at will. There's a ton of watching when they get the puck. It's frustrating.

Most of the team wasn’t around for that, though. I think it’s more collective laziness than anything like that.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I know you've mentioned it before but it's worth repeating: this team still plays like Sid/Geno are 24 years old and can slice their way through defenses at will. There's a ton of watching when they get the puck. It's frustrating.

Especially on the PP. I love watching them get doubled, get no help, make a desperate pass before losing it, and then see people critique the forced desperation play rather than the lack of support.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Because they just don't want it. Everyone wants someone else to just do it. They don't want to work as a team at all.

Yeah, maybe they're just playing out this year after the b2b cups. If that's the case, could they at least be even worse and get us a lottery pick, or hopefully Dahlin

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Thing you have to remember too is Sully is playing Sid and Geno ragged in these games cuz it's all he's got to battle back with...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Most of the team wasn’t around for that, though. I think it’s more collective laziness than anything like that.

I think it's a combo of mix and malaise right now that's exacerbating things for Sid and Geno.

And, when I say that, I'm not looking at when Sid and Geno are off. I'm talking about when they're on. There have been games this year for both of them, you can see they've kicked it up, and nothing really comes of it. That's what worries me, how it looks when they are on.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Are our shots mostly from the ouside like it was against Toronto? I'd be interested to see if that's the case.
upload_2017-12-11_21-29-37.png

Reactions: FreeBobbyFarnham
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad