What would you rather have?

• A kitten?

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Or a Sandwich?

Votes: 30 83.3%

• Total voters

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You guys think some of our writing is bad. The best slogan they came up with for Hedgie's jersey retirement was "Here's to Hejduk?"

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
As much as I have been ragging on Varly (even early this game), he played well. Still needs to work on rebounds, but he was the difference tonight....not many games this season we can say that.

If he keeps playing this well, I will gladly eat my words.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
The last few games perhaps our sandwiches have lacked a little kick, but I think they've gotten better and better at assembling them.

Reactions: McMetal

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
MacKinnon with 35 points in 31 games so far this season, awesome. Took a quick look at his stats too and he already has more power play goals this season (5) than he did all last season (2!)

Reactions: MacBradley

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I haven't been watching at all the past 2 weeks but it seems Mack is breaking out or just a hot streak? Should be interesting to see how he progress in the coming months. If he dips though the avs season will fall off the railings considering he is the offence right now... it seems.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Lol, you guys are funny. I wasn’t able to watch the game, but it looks like Barkov was able to sandwich a goal in between Mack snipes....but it wasn’t enough?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That was a nice game. Some cussing at the TV with Girard and Barrie at times, and really only a rough 10 minutes or so. Hopefully this game for Varly and Bernier's last one are signs our goaltending might have a chance of at least coming back to a respectable level. If they both do that then the 2.5 game gap we have between us and the wild card teams can be closed.

Reactions: DinnerMints

Moosehead1

Nov 29, 2006
Great game, lots of positives even going a few games back:
  • Varly making the first save as always, team defense cleaning up the oddball chances
  • Wilson was great, building from game to game. Jost too
  • Defense made some mistakes, oh well. The important thing to remember is they recovered from their mistakes. Sign of a team on the same page.
  • Mackinnon, we all know he's the man.
  • You're never going to walk out there as a team and win from the puck drop every single night. Off moments happen, I think it's important to remember that recovering from the proverbial "storm" is how the avs can morph back into a playoff competitive team.
You guys spend way too much time on the internet.....sammich.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not that it was bad, but Varlamov over MacKinnon for the first star? I mean the goal post was probably the better saver tonight for us than Varly in all honesty.

Avs work ethic is there, but man the drive has been sorely lacking lately. Way TOO casual. Panthers could have easily won this game 4-2 or 3-2 if they capitalized on their chances.

Moosehead1

Nov 29, 2006
Not that it was bad, but Varlamov over MacKinnon for the first star? I mean the goal post was probably the better saver tonight for us than Varly in all honesty.
It's all he gave em ;)

You could argue that without Varly making some of the big saves he did, and the post making a few as well the avs wouldn't have even been in a position to tie the game, let alone win it...first star is fair IMO

Just sayin'

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Avs work ethic is there, but man the drive has been sorely lacking lately. Way TOO casual. Panthers could have easily won this game 4-2 or 3-2 if they capitalized on their chances.

I'd rather not be a negative nancy, but Girard has pissed me off with some casual puck retrieval at times. That was not the first time hes glided into the puck thinking hes got his man beat. Hes a hungry rookie defender. Whatever the issue is there he needs a kick in the pants IMO.

Reactions: GBoeklen32

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
So very pleased this fine community took the thread theme and ran with it! :thumbu::D It was truly last minute.

As for the game, well, that was kinda ugly. I was furious with that lazy-ass Girard turnover, but I like that Bednar called out the rest of the power play unit for taking forever to get on the ice. The slow, lazy changes this team has been making has been a real point of consternation for me.

GOOD: Bourque, Barberio, Varlamov, Andrighetto, Wilson, Jost, Compher, the Soderberg line, Zadorov
BAD: Landeskog, Barrie, Girard, Lindholm, Nemeth whenever he tried to shoot or make a play

SANDWICHY: MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->