GDT: Game 30: Hurricanes @ Vegas Golden Knights | FLOWER POWER!!!

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
upload_2017-12-11_14-42-15.png

Carolina Hurricanes @ Vegas Golden Knights
7:00 PM Pacific
T-Mobile Arena | Las Vegas, Nevada

(Click to find channel in your area)
Cox: 313(SD)/1313(HD)
DirecTV: 684 (HD)
Centurylink: 760(SD)/1760(HD)

(Click for link to listen online)

marc-andre-fleury-concussion-vgk-1300.jpg

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
It's probably better he get straight back into it, if he wasn't ready I imagine they would have kept him on IR, but it's not 100% confirmed he's starting.... but that's not going to stop me being excited about it.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
If that is the case, then he should retire. If he, team leadership, and medical and training staff say he is ready to go, then he should be out there.
I agree completely and will I don't think anyone can afford headshots or slapshots to the mask... if he and the docs say he's good to go, he's good to go.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Only Flower can decide what's best for him. I'm sure he's had appropriate medical opinions about the risks of continuing to play and chancing yet another concussion.

His choice to play. Might not be mine. But I'm not a professional athlete who so loves the game that walking away is not yet an option.

Hoping Flower stays healthy the rest of his career and doesn't suffer any serious consequences down the road.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
VGK tweets today indicate that MAF does not decide if he's playing and Gallant would not confirm nor deny he's playing Tuesday.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Welcome to the band wagon... we will try not to suck for you.

Oh i have been a Vegas fan since day 1 since i live here.

But they were my 2nd favorite team. My first is the Sens. Still is. But being that they are hot garbage right now and look like they will stay garbage for the rest of the season, i will be spending most of my time following the Knights.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Oh i have been a Vegas fan since day 1 since i live here.

But they were my 2nd favorite team. My first is the Sens. Still is. But being that they are hot garbage right now and look like they will stay garbage for the rest of the season, i will be spending most of my time following the Knights.

Your being a long suffering Sens fan, you are definitely not a bandwagoner.

That said, you might as well follow a team (VGK) that has a chance of a Stanley Cup run in your lifetime. :laugh:

I appreciate the knowledgeable and loyal VGK fans on this subforum.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Thinking...

For the Canes, last game of a five-game western roadie. They're 0-2-2 so far. Second game of a back-to-back. Third game in four nights.

I'm sure there's a conclusion to be drawn regards tonight's game.

I haven't concluded what it is. :huh:

Wonder how teams have fared in the last game of a long road trip after going winless in all the previous games.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Thinking...

For the Canes, last game of a five-game western roadie. They're 0-2-2 so far. Second game of a back-to-back. Third game in four nights.

I'm sure there's a conclusion to be drawn regards tonight's game.

I haven't concluded what it is. :huh:

Wonder how teams have fared in the last game of a long road trip after going winless in all the previous games.

The only conclussion I can come up with is Fluery is so excited to be back he scores for us. #GoalieGoal :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I expect Carolina to be a tough match up tonight, they want to get at least one win on this road trip

As some of you know, I'm in retail. Retail is awful this time of year.

If you're watching or attending tonight's game, please root extra hard to make up for your friend BattleBorn's absence.

If you'd like I can use my power as supreme overlord to ban retailing during hockey games. :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Lol I'm in the same boat super cake, I'm a yotes fan. I was actually in Vegas just this weekend (see my failed arena tour thread). I stopped in the armory and saw at least the outside of the arena, pretty badass. I also grabbed a cheap knights beanie, so I'm officially a two team fan. The foam sword and shield in place of the finger is fantastic. The wife and I may go back on February to celebrate our anniversary and catch a game.

I'll probably watch this tonight, I'm excited to see Fleury back in net.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I am expecting Knights to make the playoffs in their very 1st year and that's going to be a record for an expansion team

All the best tonight against the Canes and wishing you all a "w"

I'll continue to hope that we can make the playoffs... mainly to shut up the neighsayers on the mainboard.... all I expect is for us to remain competitive however.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad