GDT: [Game #30] Dallas Stars @ New Jersey Devils - 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
No, not pretty, but pretty effective. After a few horrible games on defensive positioning and high GAA, it seems PDB has focused them on defense for now, almost to the point of being Bones II, at least for a few games. Although, he always did say they wanted to balance offense and defense, so its not like a total change in philosophy, just a tweak when he found out they couldn't run, gun, and win as they were doing for a while.

Overall, not a bad midseason adjustment.

Reactions: Kipper 17

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
No, not pretty, but pretty effective. After a few horrible games on defensive positioning and high GAA, it seems PDB has focused them on defense for now, almost to the point of being Bones II, at least for a few games. Although, he always did say they wanted to balance offense and defense, so its not like a total change in philosophy, just a tweak when he found out they couldn't run, gun, and win as they were doing for a while.

Overall, not a bad midseason adjustment.
I think they need to adjust when playing a high flying team like the Devils. Good to see that they are capable of playing that style.

I thought they played quite well. Devils got their chances but they are a talented team, it's gonna happen. If it weren't for their goalies 3-4 heroic saves, the game would have been 4-1 a lot earlier. I know Wedgewood made some nice stops as well, but the Devils goalie made some saves on what looked like sure goals.

Solid win

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

serp

Jan 17, 2016
3rd game in 4 nights and a back to back to boot. Not exactly the kind of game you exppect high flying offense from . Stars had their chances for more and won the game . At the end thats what matters. Stars play every other day until Christmas break. Games unlikely getting prettier until that break.

We're rapidly approaching the dog days of the season . Just collect points , not get injured and thats all that matters now.

After the All-Star break the Stars have maybe the lightest February i have ever seen. Get to that point grinding out points in an ugly fashion if you have to and the team can go back to more fun hockey

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad